+ Follow This Topic

Thread: friends after breakup

friends after breakup

I am so confused, my boyfriend broke up with me as he said i took his freedom away, he bbasically enjoyed drinknig and getting drunk and most of the time to spend it with his friends and not to me, we got into abig fight that cuased us to stop and end everything. that was the hardest part, i cant say yest to the breakup because i really love him and i know he still has feelings for me which he admitted so many times. the problem is he si going through family problems and needed space and time. we had a long conversation on how we can fix things, it went on and on for days that it doesnt seem like we broke up, we still see each other and we even slept together still. but for him he just consider me as a friend. he is fighting too much with his emotions and claiming that therewas a huge damage in a relationship that needs time to get fix. last night we talked again, we came up into an idea that yes he needs time to fix his life too. we decided that after 7 months from now, we will try again.but what happens in between those period that we are just friends. yes we are allowed to go on a date. have new realtionship hich for me is not a big matter as i dont see myself having one. maybe for him yes, so we decide that yes we can whatever we want todo but after 6 months, we will start to date again and see if we can move on to the next stage. i was wondering is it really worth doing that, what if he fall in love with another girl or vice versa, what am i supposed to feel. though our agreement was pretty good, we have been friends for more than a year before and i cant even tell him that i cant be friends with him, so until now we are still in contact. can you help me please

To me this sounds like a breakup. Why put all this pressure of him meeting you again for dating in 7 months. What happens when he finds someone else and doesn't tell you until 7 months later and you waited all that time for him. I have never heard of anyone ever doing this and being successful at it. I think in the end you will just continue to hurt throughout all of this and he will be free like he wants.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth101 View Post
    I am so confused, my boyfriend broke up with me as he said i took his freedom away, he bbasically enjoyed drinknig and getting drunk and most of the time to spend it with his friends and not to me, we got into abig fight that cuased us to stop and end everything.
    this is not going to change in any amount of time. you should try and forget him as he is not worth the effort.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Let me help you interpret:

He says, "I need time and space to deal with my issues but I want to keep you as a friend because of my feelings for you."

He means, "I want to still have access to your vagina without the emotional responsibility of a committed relationship."

Don't do this. He broke up with you. Don't make it easy for him by continuing to "date" him while he continues to act like a jackass for the next seven months.
    Spammer Spanker