+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Boyfriend Leaves in 1 Week

Boyfriend Leaves in 1 Week

I'm starting to get really anxious. My boyfriend, whom I adore completely, is leaving on January 10th for a 10-week immersion program in Guadalajara. I've been living with him and his parents for the last couple of months due to my having been laid off twice this year and the lack of work in the San Diego area. They've been amazing and supportive in my time of need.

Ever since we met in July last summer and began dating in August, he's been devoted to me and our relationship. I know he loves me. I've never had a more devoted man in my life. I've been in distance relationships before, but nothing this extensive.

I have plenty to do for those 10 weeks. Finding a decent job, paying bills, and just generally continuing to try and get back on my feet. I will miss him terribly, but I am very excited for him. He adores Mexican food and is a beautiful Spanish speaker. I want this for him very much. We've been spending the last few weeks being close and attentive, storing up as much love and affection as we can muster. It sounds sappy and all, but I'm eating it up.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LDR's suck.

At least there's an end point.

True. I'm hoping the distance will do more good than harm. He's already said that if we hadn't had as much time to get to know one another and be together, that he'd be more worried about it. But we've been dating since August and have been enamored with one another since that time.

I've been so spoiled waking up next to him every morning these last couple of months. It's gonna be hard when he goes. Grawr.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    10 weeks will fly by & he will have had an amazing experience. Just get a lot done while you are apart. Focus on work, etc.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Any chance that he's going to have access to a computer, and a webcam? It's not exactly waking up together, but it's better than phone calls.

Look at the bright side. This means you get to spend more time "hanging out" with all of us lovely people.
    Last edited by shheadz; 03-01-10 at 02:58 PM.

He'll have is Macbook with him. My iSight camera has been on the fritz though, so I may have to get it repaired first. Good thing it's still under warranty. And yes, I'm sure I'll be here a lot!