+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Unique situation need advice please (jelous about her exs)

Unique situation need advice please (jelous about her exs)

Let me start with the background. I'm currently 22 years old and have been dating this girl for over two years. She is 25 now. Before her I had never been in a serious relationship and never had sex.
    She came into my life and changed everything, but she never knew or guessed about my situation.
    I have deep feeling for her now and always had. Shes just a very nice person with a huge heart and a deep mind and that's very unique these days.
    The thing that really bothered me and continue to hunt me in this relationship is that she had other boyfriends in her life. In the begging she used to mention them often and even tell me about their sex life "how they didn't use condoms ets." That just made me very sad in a way that I wanted to be in place of all those guys. She realized that it hurt me and stopped.
    I tried to block and forget about this but I came to a point where I just cant. These thoughts keep follow me around and I cant deal with it.
    I tried breaking it off last year but we made up on the spot...
    She loves me a great deal also. She tells me I'm her best ever etc.
    The thing is that I feel that I will never be truly happy in this relationship its not that she is my first but the fact that she had others before me.
    Should I break it off now so we wont hurt each other further or what? I really don't know what to do at this point...

Is your relationship going well in other areas? Do you love her?
    If the answers are yes, why break it off due to her past, and that she didn't come to you virginity intact?

Your situation isn't unique at all, unfortunately.

Its going very well in all the areas. Its just driving me nuts, each thought about a possibility of 3-5 exs just destroys my days... I just wish she hadnt mentioned those things to me at all or if I had an opportunity to forget.

That's not a very good way of evaluating the happiness of a relationship. Just because she had others prior to you (assuming its not some obscene amount) doesn't mean that you two cant be happy together. You just have to get over your insecurities and stop seeing it as a competition, because you're with her now, not them; whats important is that she wants to be with you. It wasn't very smart of her to bring out details about her previous sex life, but at least she cared enough to stop when she knew it hurt you.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you break up with her consider this:

good freakin' luck finding a girl who hasn't had a boy at your age is going to be next to impossible.

Get over it. Sounds like you're about waste a good thing because of your silly insecurity. Don't be dumb.

It definitely stings knowing/hearing that she was once happy with someone else. But you need to remember that ex's are ex's for a reason and she's with YOU now.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?