+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My friend sister... What should i do?

cfr is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

My friend sister... What should i do?

Ill start from the beginning to fill you in on the situation.

I have known my friend for about 5 years, were really close and the group of friends i have known since high school still hang around so we know each other, we know our families well and so forth.

One of my friend has a sister who is two years younger than me and as much as i don't want to sound cocky, were really close in terms of helping each other out. She would ask me to go with her to a job interview and accompany her and to help her with general stuff. I am very skeptical on her feelings towards myself because she can be misleading sometimes or I can just interpret things wrongly.

What gives me hope and something brings me down are a couple of things. As much as were close, she would always talk to me with her problems she says things that "were getting married" and other things. But i don't fall with it, i just play along with it. But its repetitive how she telling me she "loves me" (possibly just friendly) Anytime were at an event and she sees me, for example New Years at a hall, she came to hug me (keep in mind i came late) and she said "hi and like hugged me" and than left just where i was. Ohh i was also with her uncle, her uncle the same age as myself, they have a weird family tree and she didnt say hi to anyone else.

What brings me down is that although i know i should make the move, i dont want to because of course she is my friends sister. The fear of getting rejected is nothing to me, but getting rejected by her is one thing but also getting rejected by my friend sister is another.

Randomly at night she would message me to talk but it would sometimes be about her boyfriend, or another boy and of course I talked as a friend but i think that was a wrong move.

I don't know what to do or what to do to find out how she feels without being direct? I have yet to be direct with her.

I'm not a chick but I'll throw down a couple cents.

Sounds like the friend zone to me. You didn't mention if she's ever said things like "You're like a brother to me" or anything involving YOU and the word FRIEND together. Sometimes this is ok depending on the girl since great relationships can form out of friendships.

Things of note in your post.

- She complains about her current BF to you
    This is good and bad - good because you're a shoulder, bad because she's bitching to you about her other guys. This might mean she doesn't see you as a dateable type, as generally speaking women who do this with their guy friends are treating them more like a girlfriend. Roll with it though, and be sincere OR tell her you're not her girlfriend and don't entertain her. This is delicate, as you've known her for years so that's probably not an option.

- Hugs
    Don't read into them to much. They tend to be friendly and can depend on the person. As a side note if you got the "pat of death" during the hug you know your answer. Women who really like a guy they are hugging wil lhold on and squeeze a bit, if they don't see yuo that way they'll play along so it's not terribly awkward and then end the hug with a pat on the back. This one is pretty big if you can remember hah!

- Late night convos
    This is kind of good, means you're on her mind. If the stuff she is talking to you about is stuff she'd talk to her other girlfriends about then you're up friend zone creek without a paddle. If the texts are light, fun, flirty maybe a little dirty or otherwise give off the vibe of something you'd converse while flirting you're better off.

I suppose the big thing here is to make sure you're not becoming another girlfriend for her. If she's always chatting with you, talking about other guys and bitching about her day then you're another girlfriend.
    Last edited by TheWizard; 08-01-10 at 01:50 AM.