+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he need space or is he a Liar?

Does he need space or is he a Liar?

So I've been hanging out with this guy periodically. We get along really great and talk about almost everything but we're also having sex. Last time we hung out he kept asking when we could chill again so we made plans for a few days later. he didn't call or text I texted him first. I asked if he still wanted to hang out and he said "sorry i just dont feel hanging out today" saying that he had spent the night and day at a friends apartment and just wasn't in the mood. Now I don't naturally jump to conclusions but.. to be on the safe side is there a good chance he is lying and just doesn't want to hang out with me? Or is he just one of those people who need their "alone" time?
    Which is perfectly understandable. I just find it odd last time we hung out he contacted me as soon as he got home and we talked all night. Then again the next day. It's like he goes through phases where he likes me alot and then wants nothing to do with me, its all very confusing. So am I just a random friend with benefits? Or maybe more but he needs space?

To me its look like you are jumping the gun here, he didn't say he doesn't wanna hang out with you anymore but "he said not today" I am not sure where is the confusion. unless there is something else that you are not telling us?
    If I were you I was gonna trust him, cause a trust that' what keep a friendship tide.

I'm agreeing with Nomie. You're reading into this way too much.

On that note, if you continue this trend of trying to read into everything he does, it'll set you up for failure. If you find yourself casually questioning him on his whereabouts, or pushing for intricate details of his day, he will pick up on this and it will make him uncomfortable. No one wants to feel like they have to answer to the warden in their every day life.

Just chill.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'll translate for you. No contact for a few days and then you got the not today line means we're definitely not into you other than a hot pussy to bust a load in.

You can write him off as a b/f, but I can guarantee you the next time he wants to nut and you're the most convenient option, you'll get a text. Time to decide what you want hun, because what I described is all that he does.

I agree with Primo here, also note that the whole reading into thing means you're a bit insecure about the whole relationship and there isn't a lot of trust either.

It's possible he's just having a bad day or something, I have some girls I really enjoy spending time with but I don't call them every waking hour either, maybe once every few days. When I do call, or get called, and I'm not in the mood I usually try and set something up for a future date.

I think you should see if a trend is forming before what Primo is suggesting bears real weight. If he starts to do this often, then yeah you're a warm pocket... sorry babe.

nothing to worry about, everyone wants their own alone time sometimes, maybe he just felt like lazing arround that day, or maybe something happened in his life meaning if felt a bit under the weather.

Anyway whatever it is, it sounds like its blown over and it sounds like he likes you so IMHO there's no point worrying about it =)

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'll translate for you. No contact for a few days and then you got the not today line means we're definitely not into you other than a hot pussy to bust a load in.

You can write him off as a b/f, but I can guarantee you the next time he wants to nut and you're the most convenient option, you'll get a text. Time to decide what you want hun, because what I described is all that he does.
    I love the way you translate things.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?