+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what does this text mean?

what does this text mean?

my boyfriend of 7 months and I broke up last friday as he admitted that he still had feeling for his ex and thought he was still in love with her.

Then 2 days later he texts me saying he doesn't know what to do.

His next text was: 'I was thinking that I was still in love with my ex and that I always thought I'd get back with her and that's what I wanted but what if I could have something more with you and I'm ruining it? I apologise for messing you around, I think I just need time to sort my head out xxx'

Any advice what to make of that, with note that we had both deided to end things 2 days before and are both technically 'single', thought I don't particularly feel single.

I replied saying I understand and that I thought that would be best and hope he works it all out, cos I didnt want things to end badly between us, cos he is really a great guy. I was expecting that to be the last I heard from him but he text the next day saying how rubbish work was and was I okay. I replied normally, and he replied back but I decided not to reply a second time because I was unsure about it all. He has since not text me, that was 2 days ago.

I dont know what to make of all this because I started to think about us maybe having a chance to get back together, but only if he is wanting to get over his ex. I know for a fact that she doesnt want to get back with him as she ended it.

any advice would be appreciated greatly.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's STILL not over his ex. But he thinks maybe he might like you too.

Oh well. He left you to go back to her. Don't respond.

Thanks for your reply. He was with her for 3 years (long distance relationship) and she ended it by text and refused to talk to him for 2 weeks after. Basically it ended badly.

Ive just got another text from him after 2 days of NC, saying 'If you're out tonight, wrap up! It's freezing in town x'
    I was speaking to my friend last night on facebook about going out tonight so he's obviously seen. But it also sounds like he wants me to know that he's out.
    Why is everything so game playing and confusing?
    If he wants space then why is he still texting me?
    I dont think I'm gonna text back as much as I want to.

any more ideas or advice would be great, thanks.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Stick to your guns, don't text back. Likely he's just teasing you. Testing you to see if you'll bite again. Yes, games...

Think we've all played them at some point but still...

Sounds like he's being pretty honest with you to me. Would you rather he kept screwing you until he found someone else or finally got his ex back and then broke up with you? Most guys would btw.

Sending you a couple of texts like you mentioned doesn't sound like a big 'game' plan to me, I think you're being hypersensitive.

When we still have feelings for someone we usually turn every little nuance into some hope for reconciliation. Don't let your heart runaway with your head. Take a step back. If he wants you, he won't play games.