+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could he be gay?

Could he be gay?

I have been on two dates with a man I met through mutual friends, and so far he seems very funny, kind, and interesting BUT, I am a little concerned that he may be gay and/or bisexual and either lying about it, or in denial.

He is 36, and was previously married. I purposely directed the conversation around to sexuality during our second date. He said he is totally straight and that while he is not homophobic at all, the idea of him personally doing anything sexual with a man is repulsive.

However-

* He talked about hanging out at a local gay bar (to be fair, a lot of straight guys to there, and he said he knows the bartender and gets free drinks,

* He bragged about how many gay guys hit on him while he is in the gay bar. He said he finds it flattering, but if they are agressive he gets grossed out.

* He described one of his male friends as "model hot".

* Two different waiters had come to our table during our second date. He said something about one of them having an interesting accent. I hadn't noticed, and asked which one-he replied "the hot one" (and honestly, one of the waiters was REALLY attractive?)

Are these normal comments/behaviors for a heterosexual man? Could he just be very comfortable with his sexuality?

It may be that he's very comfortable about his homosexuality and has been hanging around gay guys too much and adopted their mindset somewhat.

Sounds bi-curious to me. He wouldn't suck a penis but I bet he'd hold one in his mouth.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post
    It may be that he's very comfortable about his homosexuality and has been hanging around gay guys too much and adopted their mindset somewhat.
    this doesnt make sense.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Not sure about full on gay, sounds coinceited and vain. Its weird but you know how it feels when a person of the opposite sex compliments you. It may be genuine but it could just be a come on. However, usually when I get a compliment from a female I take it as her just genuinely complimenting me.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

The only odd thing he said was "the hot one". Beyond that he's probably comfortable saying whatever. And this is why guys have to act homophobic. If we mention even a small thing about another guy, or don't act all John Wayne, women immediately think we're gay.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

True...I actually find it really attractive when guys are comfortable with their sexuality. He did make a couple of remarks about female actresses being hot.

Hopefully this is not a sign that he is just overly obessed with looks! Or a sign that I need to relax and get to know him better before I start worrying about these things?

I would've just casually inquired about it, "It's interesting that you called him 'the hot one'. Most guys wouldn't feel comfortable saying that."

He probably thinks this makes him look super confident. He might not realize it makes him look super gay.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuary
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    this doesnt make sense.
    What I meant was, a person tends to adopt the style of communication of those he hangs around. I didn't mean that he was turning gay lol. A bit of confusion on my part - my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by gigabitch
    He probably thinks this makes him look super confident. He might not realize it makes him look super gay.
    Yea, something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by flora View Post
    I have been on two dates with a man I met through mutual friends, and so far he seems very funny, kind, and interesting BUT, I am a little concerned that he may be gay and/or bisexual and either lying about it, or in denial.

He is 36, and was previously married. I purposely directed the conversation around to sexuality during our second date. He said he is totally straight and that while he is not homophobic at all, the idea of him personally doing anything sexual with a man is repulsive.

However-

* He talked about hanging out at a local gay bar (to be fair, a lot of straight guys to there, and he said he knows the bartender and gets free drinks,

* He bragged about how many gay guys hit on him while he is in the gay bar. He said he finds it flattering, but if they are agressive he gets grossed out.

* He described one of his male friends as "model hot".

* Two different waiters had come to our table during our second date. He said something about one of them having an interesting accent. I hadn't noticed, and asked which one-he replied "the hot one" (and honestly, one of the waiters was REALLY attractive?)

Are these normal comments/behaviors for a heterosexual man? Could he just be very comfortable with his sexuality?
    Absolutely nothing you've written indicates to me that he is gay or lying about it. The only one that I find suspect is hanging out at a gay bar, but I know several guys who go to gay bars, to hit on straight girls who are there with their gay friends. I think thats retarded but to each his own.

Referring to another man as hot does not mean he's gay, it merely means he has two eyes and isn't afraid to admit that. I've referred to other guys as being good looking, I wouldn't use the word the hot but I wouldn't fuss about it either. Outside of his language, does it look like he has eyes for other men, i.e., checks other guys out, etc? That might be a more telling indicator. But even that is not definitive, since lots of guys constantly compare themselves to the men around them.

Honestly, sounds like the guy is simply not impeded by the sexual insecurities that most men have.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

from what you're saying i dont think he is gay at all, straight guys can go to gay bars for many reasons and just because he said he has a 'model hot' friend doesnt mean anything, guys can still tell if another guy is a good looking guy or filth off the street.

Flame on!

Sounds like he's been hanging around some though and picking up their mannerisms and whatnot

Don't jump into conclusions so quickly. As the saying goes, "if he's too busy sucking a d*ck, he's gay." What's the matter with a guy that can appreciate other guys' looks? I make remarks about hot guys all the time. xD
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I would be fine saying all those things. "the hot one" is a little bit 'hmmm' but i wouldn't read into it too much.

I got gay mates and I've been to a gay bar before. No biggie. I would never find a man a turn-on though. Hell no.
    (Obviously I had to put that last bit in to reiterate my sexual preference >.< )
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast