+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex playing mind games?

Ex playing mind games?

After a 2 years my ex claimed that she loved me and I'm the best bf she ever had but something didn't feel right... She broke up with me and I was devasted, I tried talking to her for a couple weeks but once I saw it was going nowhere and she was acting very cold towards me and I let her go. After a month she started calling me again and slept over my apartment a few times, will hook up with me but won't have sex with me claiming that its going to make things complicated. What do I take from this? Is she messing with me trying to keep me to fall back on? She knows I want to be with her, I just don't get it.

Yeah, she is. She stopped getting the attention from you, you stopped chasing, and she was finally realizing what she had was gone. Now that you don't, she is after you again and still enjoying the benefits at your expense. You need to let her know that you aren't going to tolerate her bullshit and that she needs to stay away from you. You need this space now to get your life back on track and without her in it. She's just doing what she pleases and it won't end good. You can trust me on that.

You are scared because you are afraid of losing her, but giving into any little thing she wants won't get her back for good. She's acting very immature and she needs to grow up and she can only do that when she doesn't have anybody else to lean on. You absolutely do not need her, and only her, to be happy with life. You need to refind happiness on your own and when you do, you will be ready to increase your happiness by having somebody else.

Strict no contact and when she does to you, you have to be firm and remind her that you need this space and she has to respect that. Do not let it get to the point where she kicks you to the curb again when she's bored. You will be a stronger person for it in the long run.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

I can say from experience that the worst feeling isnt heart break, its being kept on a string "Just in case" nothing else works out. I had my ex do a similar thing saying that we couldnt get back together because "We suck as a couple" I smartened up finally and saw what she was doing. I felt like garbage for a while, but everything seems to play out for the better eventually.

Guy, you need to completely get that woman out of your life. A lot of us here have been through the same exact experience, and the only winner in this little game is her. She broke up with you, so she can march her butt back home and deal with the loneliness the same way you are. Don't let her use some kind of friendship thing to cushion the blow of the breakup.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

Agreed with all!

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by shheadz View Post
    Guy, you need to completely get that woman out of your life. A lot of us here have been through the same exact experience, and the only winner in this little game is her. She broke up with you, so she can march her butt back home and deal with the loneliness the same way you are. Don't let her use some kind of friendship thing to cushion the blow of the breakup.
    This !
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different

I'm surprised this is a common thing... Can any girls answer me why they would do this? I've been in more then a few relationships and would never want to mess with someone like that, I just don't get it.