+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The bar scene....

The bar scene....

So lately my friends and I have been going to the bar alot lately. At least every weekend and sometimes twice a weekend. We end up meeting girls and chatting etc...generally don't take anybody home because I try to stay away from one night stands...but i usually end up with a few new facebook friends lol.

Anyway, i live in a somewhat smaller town....around 25,000 or so people. It seems like I see most of the same people out at the bar. Also, I ask myself...is this really the place I want to meet someone to date? Then again, I am there and I consider myself a pretty good guy so there must be some good girls there too.

It's just weird...I've been single for almost 2 years now since I ended a 2 year relationship and they have been great 2 years with my friends and time to myself, but I'm wanting more now....I'm ready for another relationship. But it just seems hard to find someone here that I'm interested in.

I haven't tried online dating, but my friends have and they said there's pretty much nobody in this town on the ones they've tried so it's almost not worth it.

Go to the bars to have a good time. Meet the women at church or the library.

Yeah...I don't go to church, or the library lol. That pretty much leaves the mall or the grocery store and most of the time I don't feel comfortable approaching girls in the grocery store etc.

Fire, what about taking a trip to some bars or restaurants in a neighboring town? As long as you're within driving distance, you don't have to date someone right in the town you live in.

Is your town in the middle of nowhere?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Although it sucks being set up, don't hesitate to casually let coworkers, friends, neighbors know you are kinda looking. I met my bf through my roommate. Friends are pretty good judges of someone worthy of setting you up with. Not always but it can work.

What about a gym? Co-ed sports leagues?
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

I'm somewhat in the middle of nowhere....the next bigger city is about a 90 minute drive. Other than that it's just alot of small towns.

Being setup is an option too. I have a small home gym, i'm actually doing P90X here and really enjoying it so I don't go to a gym anymore. Co-ed sports leagues have been fun in the past, but I've sort of lost interest in them, but that's another thing to consider too.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Well, since you're the kind of guy who likes to hang out at the bar, why would you turn a woman down because she does the same? I could see it if you were generally a guy who doesn't drink or socialize, but why would you assume that the bar is full of bad girls?

Just use your good judgment.
    Spammer Spanker

What is wrong with meeting girls at bars? You like the bars, the girls like the bars, and you instantly have something in common. Even better, you've gotten to know your fellow barfly-ettes a lot better than just "a random girl I picked up in a bar." You've talked with them more than once. You're FB friends with them. You're getting to know them. What on Earth could be wrong with asking one out on a date?

Yeah all very good points....i don't know why I had it stuck in my head that bar girls are bad girls. I don't know why there would be anything wrong with it at all.

Weird how those things get into my head...and when you guys say them on here it sounds so silly that I even thought that in the first place haha. I tend to overthink things...and that's why i love these forums because it makes me realize that i just need to relax!

Thanks

move to a bigger town.. doesn't guarantee success but i rarely run into the same ppl no matter where I go. Hooray for city living.