+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice to all the broken hearted falks

Advice to all the broken hearted falks

Hey there...im one of you, went through a painful and terrible break up about a month ago and felt terrible just like all of you.
    2 Weeks ago, I started to go to the gym, to work out, after 7 months of not working out in the gym due to my ex, who consumed most of my time.
    I can tell you guys that every time i come out of the gym, the feeling is great, the mood is up, you actually feel alive and good about yourself, the pain level is also down, you feel completely different for some time.
    Today, I felt bad again in the afternoon because of the break up, i could not concentrate and think about anything else but her. So i decided to push myself to the gym (when you are down you dont feel like doing anything but sitting and feeling sorry for yourself so you have to push yourself).
    after 10 minutes of working out, i already felt much better, its like you have all of this tension and emotions inside, and through exercising you release them, which is much more healthy then sitting depressed and contemplating about the events. and so the time goes by and after a while of working out, you kind of forget about it and concentrate about other stuff, suddenly everything doesn't seem that bad, and she is not the only thing in your life you can think of.
    After the work out session, i felt like a new person, physically and emotionally.
    I just came back and my mood is 10 times up, iam no longer obsessively contemplate about her, and i can concentrate on my own stuff rather than about her.
    So do yourself a favore and drag yourself to the gym ladies and gentelmen.
    Last edited by Blackey; 29-01-10 at 02:25 AM.

Thanks! I went for a jog around the lake, it does do something.

Good for you, working out releases endorphines.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Blackey, great advice and I too recommend it. When I was stressed out earlier this morning dealing with the rejection I got today the first thing I did was come to this forum. Afterwards, I went home and did a intensive workout. The combination of this place surrounded by wonder people and working out really helped me over come what I dealt with earlier. I could use more endorphines

Thanks for the advice. Working out is a proven way to reduce stress. I also plan to go back to gym to fix myself.

I'm in the exact same situation as you, I started working out again and it helps a lot, not only u feel better, but u also look better.

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    *Lhn's Stamp of Approval* - GRANTED!

The gym has helped me no end. Physically I'm in the best shape of my life, feel good & healthy, would like to say the sex is the best ever but I haven't had any .

I go 5 times a week and its changed my lifestyle, diet, sleeping pattern etc etc.

As Sir 'Nike' says... Just Do It!
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different