+ Follow This Topic

Thread: advice needed

advice needed

happily married for 14 years but my wife recently got very upset and I want others opinion.

It was valentines day and we spent the day together skiing having a great time, at end of day we separated so she could stick to beginner slopes and I could get a couple runs on the advanced slopes before closing.

She spotted me talking to another women while on the chair lift and got very upset because of the closeness of the seating (the operators squeeze 4 people onto the bench seat) and I had my head turned facing her rather than staring forward without eye contact during the brief conversation consisting of nothing but small talk (literally no more than 30 seconds, it was the short lift).

I explained that I didn't know the person and only exchanged a couple sentances in response to a question she asked me on the brief lift ride. I also pointed out that after the lift ride we went our separate ways and I didn't have any choice in who I was seated with and the closeness of the situation.

I feel wrongly accused and I have been trying to assure my wife that I am not interested in that person or other women in general. I am very happy with my wife.

Did I do something wrong?

What is appropriate behavior towards the opposite sex for a married person? Do you feel I crossed the line in this case?

Do I have to self-conciously avoid proximity and eye contact with any female I encounter between the ages of 18-40 in order to maintain a loving relationship with my wife?

I love her and am prepared to work towards that if that is what it takes but it seems extreme and unreasonable.

thanks for your opinion and advice

Max, just tell her that and change (although u know there's nothing to change about u), try to show her that you really don't feel anything for any other woman than her, if there's a gorgeous woman next to you, u would wink ur eye to ur wife instead lol or I dunno tell her that she' beautiful.

Because to be honest with you, she loves you too, but she has insecurity issues. You know her better than me, be a lil more sensitive this time.

No, you didn't cross the line. Your wife is being silly.

Is she always this insecure when you're around members of the opposite sex? Or is this one isolated incident?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin