+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do people actually get back together? I mean really?

Do people actually get back together? I mean really?

I was married for 12 years, and had 3 serious relationships before that.
    I have never broken up with someone, and got back together later....never.
    This past week when my new woman and I "broke up", I was obviously devastated.
    Soon afterwards, she wanted to "start-over" and get to know me better.

Now we text and email each other just the same, but more like friends.
    We started watching TV together, whereas before we would have sex only.
    Now we kiss passionately, but no sex. We laugh a lot more,
    and it seems less exhausted. We are enjoying our time together...for sure.

My concern is... what if we end up being just "friends"? I mean, we are enjoying
    each other outside the bedroom so much, we may just end up not going back?!
    Is it possible to become good friends, at the same time, become an even stronger
    couple? She claims that we moved too fast in the beginning and never established
    a strong friendship....so now she wants to know me all over again. Do you women
    actually want this type of stuff? Please comment. Thanks.

K

She wants to build a stronger foundation for your relationship and not base it on sex first. She's trying to take it back a step, talk and learn about each other find true compatibility then the sex will follow. I'm guessing the sex wasn't an issue before so it doesn't need work. People do get back together and work things out many people like my parents, they have been together 34 years and they've have brief splits in the beginning/early days but you still have a connection and still care about the person it's worth getting it another go if that's what you both want. Me and my boyfriend have been together a while, we split in the early days as he had to straighten out his life but love pulled us back together and now we're planning a baby. It was hard work but don't give up if it's what you both really want and talk to her about how you're feeling.

Do you kiss passionately with your other friends that are girls?

It usually doesn't happen because there is alot of hurt involved when people are careless and reckless with other people's feelings. But once in a while people get lucky. Congratulations and good luck in the future. I think you got something there.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

hang in there. She's cared enough to put the effort into trying to rebuild the relationship you should feel lucky that there is a person willing to go right back to the beginning to make it work. Sex is nice but it's not everything and I'm sure that what your doing at the moment will turn into a much healthier fulfilling relationship.

Thank you for the vote of confidence. I really agree because now we are super happy, and the burden associated with intense relationship is put aside for now.
    We still tell each other "I love you". And we still do things together...but now it seems like we are normal super friends... and the kissing is amazing.
    Last Saturday we almost had sex, but we decided we should continue to work on our friendship first. We are both committed to make this work,
    so starting over was definitely a great idea. Yes we miss the sex....but it's a good trade-off. I feel so connected with her now... and we
    are definitely happier. To prevent accidental sex, we are meeting in public places only, and we focus on short quality time together instead
    of extended 5-hour sex marathons, which used to leave us exhausted and negligent towards our responsibilities.

This is the woman I wish to some day marry. I am in love with her beyond words. I am determined to be her best friend before moving forward.