+ Follow This Topic

Thread: been poorly and lost weight

been poorly and lost weight

Ive been quite ill recently and lost around a stone and a half, i wasnt big i was a size 12 now im a 10. i was poorly for around a month and ate very little now im better and everyone says how well i look now ive lost a bit of weight. but i feel under so much pressure to stay this size im worried about eating, ive always ate such a lot and people always said their shocked im so slim for the amount i eat. but now i feel myself happy with my size that i dont want to lose it. i know i can exercise and all the rest of it but when it comes to meal times i eat as little as possible. but i just want to enjoy food again and when i eat i go straight to the mirror and look at my stomach i would never not eat or make myself sick ar anything silly but if i put weight on again everyone will say ''oh you've put your weight back on'' and i just feel under pressure. any advice or thoughts on this?

**** em...you should be happy and healthy...and happy means being happy with how you look and while healthy also means maintaining a healthy weight...happiness is important to mental health and if depriving yourself of food is making you unhappy then don't do it.

Eat what you will just try to make healthier choices when you can and exercise....but certainly don't be afraid to spoil yourself every once in a while and eat your favorite snack...just don't eat like a whole container of cookies all at once.

mel2208 Guest
    Hi there..
    I dont think its a good idea to deprive yourself of thing because it can make you feel depressed and lethargic. Take no notice of what people think, you do what you feel is right and what makes you feel better ..

I was a size 12 myself last year...All i did was stopped snacking and drank more water and didnt eat anything after 9pm at night. Anything you eat after 9pm stores has fat because your body metabolism slows down.. I eat what i normally eat for lunch and dinner but made sure i ate more vegetables and fruit.. Its worked for me and im now a size 8/10 and feel so much more healthier for it..

mel x

I got screwed over and lost the will to live going from mid 80's in kilos to about 48 kilos in the course of 6 months despite actually eating more (4-5 large meals per day although mostly vegetables and meats).

6 foot tall person weighing 48 kilos is not a pretty sight.

I couldn't see it until I jumped on the doctors scales and watched her eyes bug out.

I've teetered around 80 kilos since... my ideal weight.

If I plump up a little, I add more meat and vegies. If I slim down too much, fruits and sugary/carbohydrate foods.

Cut out the carbs... pasta, breads, and rice... and you'll slim, but be sure to fill your stomach full of natures goodness, often.