+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girls opinions on a 21 year old supervirgin

Girls opinions on a 21 year old supervirgin

I just want to find out what are some female opinions on my peculiar situation:

I am a 21 year old male and a virgin. But thats not the whole story, I am a supervirgin in the sense that I have done absolutely nothing with a female. Lets get the list started:
    1) Never slept with a girl
    2) Never kissed a girl
    3) Never dated
    4) Never flirted (at least I was not aware of it if it did happen but this probably has not happened)
    5) Never asked a girl out

On top of that I have also never been drunk or tried tobacco or any other drugs. One could say I am the ultimate "goody goody". As Ned Flanders from The Simpsons would say, "You name it and I haven't done it". This is not because of some religious beliefs (I'm atheist), its just that I have never liked the taste of alcohol or its physiological side effects (in fact I've found that even relatively small quantities of alcohol give me stomach aches even though I'm a pretty big guy).
    Kind of related to this is the fact that I in effect lack a social life. I almost never go out (aside from some student society socials which are few and far in between) and hence I don't have a very wide circle of friends, including almost no females. Reason behind this is that I find parties boring, I just don't know what to do there. And the fact that the music is usually too loud to hold a decent conversation doesn't help either. Assuming that somehow I got past all this and was in the position to approach a girl, I just wouldn't know what to do.
    At least partially one could place the blame for my lack of experience with the opposite sex on my complete lack of effort. I have never "hit" on a girl and as the sentences above already outlined, I don't really interact with many girls either on a regular basis.

Other than that, I don't think I am some kind of a freak that no girl would want. I go to a pretty highly ranked university and my studies are going well, I am quite athletic (get loads of compliments for my physique), I like to cook, am not completely without a sense of humor and I get along with people very well.

Although I can feel the social pressure to get with girls bearing down on me, the thing that annoys me the most is the feeling that I could be getting so much more out of life but I simply am not.

Anyway, enough describing of my pathetic situation. Lets get to the questions.
    - Do girls expect a guy who is at a certain age to have a certain set of skills/experiences regarding relationships, interactions with the opposite sex as well as the more physical side of things? And if so, is it very off putting if you suddenly stumble upon a guy who has done absolutely nothing that any other normal 21 year old has done?
    - Just out of interest, does anybody have any idea about roughly what percentage of the 21 year old male population is in a position of supervirginity? I am just interested in seeing how I rank up against the general population.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just to let you know my first ever bf/ sexual partner was a 24 year old "supervirgin" as well. Though it wasn't mr. goody, goody. Maybe try to out yourself a little more with friends. You don't have to try bad things but you DO have to make an attempt to "get out there" so to speak.

Well, I am in my mid-thirties now, and to be honest, if I met a guy my age who was had never had any relationship experience I would wonder why. At 21 though, it wouldn't have bothered me. I was kind of a late bloomer as well.

Even if you don't like parties or drinking, there are still some options to expand your social life if it bothers you. Especially if you are athletic. I have had to move around a lot, and have found that co-ed adult sports leagues are a great way to meet new people.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i guess that would make you a super virgin.. however, have you masturbated before?? or even wished a girl would sweep off of your feet and take you home, only to make passionate love to you?? if so, then that is one thing that i named that you have done.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    i guess that would make you a super virgin.. however, have you masturbated before?? or even wished a girl would sweep off of your feet and take you home, only to make passionate love to you?? if so, then that is one thing that i named that you have done.

raverboy
    Somebody once said that 80% of people masturbate and the other 20% are lying. I think this answers your question.

And of course I wish that a girl would somehow come into my life. Though I know from experience now that I can't just wait indefinitely for her to pop out of nowhere.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    so what are your plans to pursue this happiness??

raverboy

Supervirgin? That's the coolest name I've ever heard for that.
    And I'm in that same boat as you pal (I'm 20, 21 in July).. idk, it's only a problem if you make a problem out of it. I have other, better things in my life now, so I don't care.
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    so what are your plans to pursue this happiness??

raverboy
    As of now, none. I plan to focus on my studies which will help me get a good job and that will get me money which will hopefully open up some new opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by irrelevant_89 View Post
    Supervirgin? That's the coolest name I've ever heard for that.
    And I'm in that same boat as you pal (I'm 20, 21 in July).. idk, it's only a problem if you make a problem out of it. I have other, better things in my life now, so I don't care.
    I do make a problem out of it since I recognize the fact that I'm missing out on a lot. Somebody once said that you only regret the things you haven't done and this is something I regret I have not done.

Time to man up and flirt with the ladies. Start small... with eye contact and smiling. I'm assuming you're in college if you're such a nerdy goody-two-shoe. Keep your head up and casually smile at the women on the way to class, on the way to the dormitory, on the way to the store, wherever. Look them in the eye. Try not to be a creeper about it. Just be friendly. Think, "I'm going to talk to you someday, when I want to, because you're pretty and I can make you happy." Say hi to a few of them.

Use your judgment and try to figure out which ones can be approached and which ones cannot. Use your imagination, and without getting too wild, think of some reasons or excuses to approach them. Don't fear rejection. Your goal is to get yourself comfortable talking to women, not instantly get the first girlfriend who will take you.

Eventually, you'll need to approach women. Yeah, that woman you saw at the bus stop, across the street on the way back from class last week, yeah, next time you're going to cross the street and talk to her. You'll introduce yourself and start a conversation. Small talk, even. She'll probably have to go somewhere, and if she likes you, you'll get her phone number or something. So I hope you have a cell phone, or a computer or something, otherwise she'll think you're weird. If not, approach that girl at the library who is always playing with her hair, or whatever. This is something you'll just have to keep doing, until you feel comfortable walking up to them, even without an excuse. You'll want to be so comfortable with rejection that you could walk up to a woman in a grocery store and tell her that you think she's purdy and that you'd like to get to take her out tonight.

Of course, then you will find that most of the people you bump into seem to be really stupid and 'not your type'. So you should hit on women in places where you might expect a girl who shares your interests and your level of intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmatt View Post
    As of now, none. I plan to focus on my studies which will help me get a good job and that will get me money which will hopefully open up some new opportunities.

well this isn:t going to help your supervirgin problems at the moment huh??

raverboy