+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions from girls...(hair advice)

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Opinions from girls...(hair advice)

Hey all,

I'm kinda thinking about changing my hairstyle. My hair is to the middle of my back and I wanna keep the length....just get a trim. But, I'm also debating whether or not I should get those "side swept" bangs. I've seen them on some people and kinda think they look cute.....and I haven't had bangs in over 5 yrs.....and wanted to do something different. Do any of you girls have them? Are they easy to maintain? Would you get them?

Personally I hate blunt cut bangs that are like eyebrow level. I had them in high school and they looked like sh*t....hehe. But maybe if they were side swept I could pull it off....hmmmm... Any ideas? Or any pics that you can post so that I can get an idea of what to ask my hairstylist for?
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

WOW - I imagined you to have very short hair.

Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    WOW - I imagined you to have very short hair.
    First of all, she said "from girls"; secondly, you're on here enough, haven't you ever looked in the Gallery?

Ellynn----Do you like hair in your eyes? Cause that's what happens with side swept bangs. My hair is as long as yours, used to be all one length. I kept that look for years cause it was the most classic and easiest really. Than in June I was upset over a guy, so I walked into the hairdresser and asked for a fringe. (This is after 8years of no fringe). She cut a fringe - what a freakin' disaster. I looked like a 12yr old. 6 weeks later I went back again, this time I told her to slice into the hair and cut layers all over. The fringe has grown out somewhat, so while I have maintained the length, it's much easier to style now with the layers and 'side-swept-bangs'. Takes the weight off.
    Also, you've got to look at your hair texture. If it's wavy, it should sit quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    First of all, she said "from girls"; secondly, you're on here enough, haven't you ever looked in the Gallery?
    i never knew we had a gallery! i'm gonna go check it out!

I just saw your pics in the Gallery,

Ellynn = HOT

However, with 'shorter' hair,

Ellynn = HOTTER (imho)

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorine
    ...Then in June I was upset over a guy, so I walked into the hairdresser and asked for a fringe...
    That's a classic!

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My hair is really thick and stick straight. I can get a slight wave in it...but its just so boring right now. Or so it seems. Im thinking about going with more layers in front just to see how it would look. Then maybe I'll add the sideswept bangs. I dont want them too short.... But honestly you know how hairstylists can get....hehe.

I just need to find pics of what i want.

Yea get some pics and we'll work some photoshop magic.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

you should get some layers. layers are fabulous! like cameron...

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I really do like her hair. I have layers in my hair that I have been growing out since march. I went in to get a "trim" and the girl ended up hacking off 5 inches and putting tons of layers in my hair that made it look very choppy in the back. I haven't touched my hair since....and now its growing out and the layers blend in more....but they still look kinda choppy.... So most of the time I wear my hair up in a ponytail....especially at work. But I just get this feeling like my forehead is huge sometimes and wanted to see if I could get my bangs shorter so I could at least tuck them behind my ears when I put my hair up. Right now my bangs are almost to my collarbone....and thats kinda blah.....because they don't do much..

Yeah I think bangs in my eyes would drive me nuts.....so possibly maybe having them cut to around mouth level and leaving the rest longer....then I can still tuck them behind my ears and not have to throw it all up in a ponytail or a bun.

just get some bangs and square layers in the back. you can tell the hair person to put as many layers as you want. 3 usually works good.

I think long bangs will work for you. I think Cameron Diaz's hair is gorgeous, but I don't think it is thick, which is why it lays so nicely.

Tone Guest
    I think I'm gonna let my hair go curly this winter again!

My hair is somewhere between curly and wavy, Tone. Ugh! I spend so much of my life trying to tame it, I want to cut it short. My sisters won't let me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast