+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I am thinking of contacting him again in a month....

I am thinking of contacting him again in a month....

So I met this guy last summer (6 months ago), we hit it off really well, there was great chemistry and a ton of attraction. He lived 10 hours away from me though. I am 20 he is 21.

Although it was long distance, he would come here for work, as well as to see me when he could. We spent quite a bit of time together in the summer, and things in general were just really great and perfect.

However, after several months, my insecurities started getting into the picture, and I stopped being the girl that I once was with him (i.e. independent, fun, happy etc).

Anyways shit happens hehe and I screwed up a bit. I was going through a tough time back then. But anywyas, for the past month I really have been working on my self esteem, and also that the only person that can really make you happy is yourself.

RIGHT, back to the story

So, what happened in the end with this particular fella is that I let my insecurities get the best of me, and basically broke it off with him because I got scared of getting hurt, being alone, bla bla bla.

When I broke it off with him, I basically told him to go away that its not gonna work, I was crying, bla bla bla anywyas lots of drama. He was nice about everything, but didnt seem to be too hurt by it all, more like he was just surprised at me being so dramatic and emotional.

Anywyas I ended up sending him a messege apologizing for my behavior, and that I didnt mean to tell him to go away like that.

He said that its okay, he understand why I did it that way, and that if i'm ever in his town, we should go for coffee.

Its been two weeks, and we havent talked, and although I am pretty much "over him" as in I dont need him anymore for my happiness, self esteem, etc. I do miss him and the times we had together, and I am hoping to reconnect with him later in the future.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what would be the best way of doing this?
    I was thinking of messeging him on FaceBook in about a month and just saying:

"Hey, hows it going, i'd love to catch up sometime when ur in (my hometown). Let me know "

Is this a good opening line for contact or something else? Any ideas would be appreciated

I want to be friends with him, and if there are still feelings left/if they can be rekindled, I hope that it would lead to something more in the future

Thanks!!

I think you should move on. As you were the one screwing things up if there was ever a reunion it should be initiated by him.

If he has strong feekings for you he will find a way to contact you.

Stay focused on yourself and look ahead and not back. There will be plenty of opportunities to meet some nice men!
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Don't guys get scared of girls who all of a sudden get all crazy and emotional on them? Maybe you should let it go...

The dude sounds nice. Go ahead and contact him again, who knows what'll happen. Life is about taking chances.