+ Follow This Topic

Thread: too much to ask on a first "date"?

too much to ask on a first "date"?

I'm playing tennis with this girl later today, and on Sunday, she's going to go back to her college. (She's home for spring break and won't be back for summer) I would like to spend more time with her, so I'm thinking about bowling with her after tennis. I mean I'd do that with any friend of mine (tennis and then bowling), but I'm not sure how she might think of that. I'm also thinking about asking her to bowling on Saturday instead of today after tennis, but I don't think calling her two days in a row is a good thing.

any suggestions

It can't hurt to ask.
    Spammer Spanker

wat signs mean she's not interested in me?

If she turns you down.
    Spammer Spanker

We played for just a little bit, but we also talked plenty. I was kind of nervous, so I didn't crack any jokes, but she seems fond of me. I wouldn't say that she likes me right away either, so I guess she's on the fence. Bottomline, it wasn't exactly a tennis "date," but we had a good time.

I wouldn't call her until two days later, but she's leaving on sunday. Therefore, would it be appropriate to call/txt her to play again tomorrow? What about bowling? I'd really like to build a good impression before she leaves so that it'd be easier for me to try to keep in touch. At the same time, I don't want to seem intruding and screw it up.

So yea, basically the same question as the original post, but looking for a more insightful answer than "can't hurt to ask." I'm not the bright bulb when it comes to girls.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just say something like well since you're leaving soon I was wondering if I could see you one more time before you head back. How about some bowling?

Quote Originally Posted by yaganon View Post
    We played for just a little bit, but we also talked plenty. I was kind of nervous, so I didn't crack any jokes, but she seems fond of me. I wouldn't say that she likes me right away either, so I guess she's on the fence. Bottomline, it wasn't exactly a tennis "date," but we had a good time.

I wouldn't call her until two days later, but she's leaving on sunday. Therefore, would it be appropriate to call/txt her to play again tomorrow? What about bowling? I'd really like to build a good impression before she leaves so that it'd be easier for me to try to keep in touch. At the same time, I don't want to seem intruding and screw it up.

So yea, basically the same question as the original post, but looking for a more insightful answer than "can't hurt to ask." I'm not the bright bulb when it comes to girls.
    What Girl68 suggested...but from a guy's perspective.

Call her up and say, "I had a blast at tennis with you and was thinking that it's a shame you're leaving so soon back to school because I reckon you'd be a formidable ten pin bowler. You might even kick my arse since I'm more into not sinking it into the gutter versus trying to hit all of those Pins. Have you got some free time before you leave"?

That way, you've complimented her truthfully... asked for more time, again truthfully... and expressed your interest... semi-truthfully (in sub-text).

She can only say yeah or nay... or "Not sure".

Gauge it from that.

(If she's keen on you, you won't know unless you try in all likelihood.)

Give it a go, mate. Nothing ventured, nothing lost.