+ Follow This Topic

Thread: you roked my world but i need time - your female oppinion?

you roked my world but i need time - your female oppinion?

The story goes like this: we met, had 3 dates that went on for hours on end (after we parted we talked on the phone for about an hour, each time), and made plans to have a coffee and get stand-up comedy tickets on Saturday (after she finishes a training at work) and cook on Sunday (that turned to going out to eat), Saturday i send an sms requesting a time at which to meet up (around noon) and a few hours later i get the reply:
    i`m sorry but we can`t meet today, i need a few days to take care of some things because i like you too much and don`t want to screw it up with you. i hope you can understand at least a bit and have patience with me
    i answer: you`re gonna have to to better than that because i understand "at least a bit" but that`s not helping you
    her: i can`t text the whole story....but i promise that after, if you should want to hear it i will tell you. one thing is for sure: your rocked my world and took me by surprise and so i had to make some decisions, all i am asking now is for some time to accomplish them
    me:tic...toc...tic...toc...
    her: what? please, i can`t take jokes right now
    me: i wasn`t joking, the time is ticking. i hope you can do...do everything you must, and do it very well. i like you a lot, i want to see you again and because of that i hope you can do everything you must, the way it must be done
    her: same here. when the clock stops you will be the first to know. thank you
    me: I have the clock
    her: then i will let you know surely before the last gong

now... i realize how this all sounds, it`s not like that
    it`s very hard to find a girl who i consider just right ... and this one is one of those, i`d be very sorry not to be able to give it a shot with her
    now...in my opinion she probably has someone and either needs time/space to figure out what she wants or to drop the axe...since then she didn`t say anything (duh!) and neither did i (she did ask for that, didn`t she?) so...i figured i should give it a few days (say 3-4) and if she says nothing..take my mind off her
    what do you think about the above?

I don't understand why she could not pick the phone and explain. Why be so mysterious about things...anyway it's not so important and I am sure everything will be explained in due time.

Everyone does things differently I suppose.

About you now: you were a bit pushy. She explained her reasons and then you went tic toc tic toc, talk about pressure!!!

Your should have said something like 'take your time and do what's best, I'm not goind anywhere..;that's sort of things'...

Anyway this is just my take. Now best is to wait. She is calling the shots on this one I'am afraid.

You seem to like each other a lot. So I am sure we'll get a happy end. Good luck.
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

i did want to put some pressure on her as much as i like her i`m not gonna be around for ever so i wanted her to know that she has to make some decisions and pretty fast...i don`t know how to put it...it`s something like: i like you but that doesn`t mean special privileges, if you push my buttons i will react

Quote Originally Posted by alex1 View Post
    i did want to put some pressure on her as much as i like her i`m not gonna be around for ever so i wanted her to know that she has to make some decisions and pretty fast...i don`t know how to put it...it`s something like: i like you but that doesn`t mean special privileges, if you push my buttons i will react
    Men!

I guess some women will appreciate the attitude.
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

thought you might want to hear what happened next...after all, besides thank you for helping out the only thing left is to tell the story, right?
    i decided to call. she didn`t take the call then but called back later
    asked me how i`m doing, telling me about how she had a cup of coffee in town, and telling me...kind of casually i was thinking of you, you din`t say anything lately... i din`t let is slide, called her on it, she didn`t have a come back on what i said conversation moved on to the point where i said something about telling her a story and she says by the way, when are we going to see each other? i said wednesday... that`s good, thursday i`m heading home.....could have done it on tuesday but you being a busy guy ... i left it there and set up....it`s a date then is it? or is it a meeting, get together? i would like it to be a date i wouldn`t have it any other way....so...i think si is playng games...

She is acting a bit weird...why???

Just watch out for yourself until you decide you can trust her...she is a funny bird!