+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Playing it hard to get? Oh, c'mon!

Playing it hard to get? Oh, c'mon!

Hi there!

Would just like to ask everyone here (regardless males/females) about this girl whom I just knew from my workplace. She's 2 years older than me, Chinese,a totally outspoken and independent woman. Anyway, I knew her for bout a few days already as she's doing part-time at my work place and we hit it off straight. She's friendly, smart yet funny at the same time and I felt that maybe we could go further. So, bout few days back, me and a couple of friends including her headed to a club for some drinks and music. I tried to talk to her and dance with her as well but I do get the vibes from her that she's not playing it easy. Like casual arms around shoulder as well as me offering to send her home which she said she could just hail a cab. I tried texting her out for dinner but she said that she could not confirm yet.

Now, I know that she could not be into me or playing hard to get but I'd like to give myself a chance to know her better. I'm still not sure if she just sees me as friend or more. I hope that any kind souls out there would advise me on this issue as I'm contemplating still if I should continue this chase or not.

Cheerios~
    We all should look out for the finer things in life~

Dating colleagues is often a total no-no for people. This could be the problem.
    Spammer Spanker

Well, I get what you mean but fortunately she's on a part time basis. Does it really matter?

why not just be straight up with her. i think if she really likes you then she will say yes to the invite. maybe she has a bf.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless18 View Post
    Well, I get what you mean but fortunately she's on a part time basis. Does it really matter?
    To some people, it really does. I've been burned badly by getting involved with someone at work, more than once. When it goes sour, you can't escape it. It's awful.
    Spammer Spanker

Reason #1 not to play hard-to-get: to third-party observers, it's indistinguishable from playing "I want you to leave me alone."

Maybe she wants to be with you but would like to know more about you as in a real one to one date where she gets your full attention.

The clubbing thing with friends might have put her off...

Are you sure you came across well that night?

Try to find out more about her and what she likes. If she is more of an outdoor person you might want to arrange a different kinda date with her...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

As someone who's been on both sides of this- I agree with Sookie6- find out more about her while you are in a neutral setting (like... um, work) and then try to plan something based on HER interests. She may just be unclear about your expectations (u want a one nighter or a gf?)

Hi guys. Thanks for your advise and stuff. Well I found out today that she told a friend of mine that I was 'touchy' when I went clubbing with her. Thing is, I am like that to everyone and she might have interpret it wrongly. I did apologize and that it was a misunderstanding but all she did was smile and moved to another location. I guess it was a bad move on my part and by being touchy, it was more of arms on her shoulder and that's about it. Ah well~