+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I get happy?

How do I get happy?

Long story short: After I realized this girl I really liked is a no-shot, I receded back to being a passive, melancholy individual.

I should meet more girls, but I don't know how.

I'm in college, and I'm very busy. I play Ultimate Frisbee, but the girls I meet there only interest me as friends. I don't really have the time to join another club and meet new people. Also, I live with my lame parents due to financial reasons. My main social circle is my Ultimate teammates, with whom I get along very well. I also have a couple of buddies in my classes.

I can get along fine with dudes, but I tend to get nervous around girls I like.

What advice can you give me about how to meet more girls? or how I can get out with friends more in general?

You're already half way there. You have a busy social life, friends, buddies, activities.

Keep meeting new people, male or female does not matter.

Life will naturally bring someone along your path. In the meantime just enjoy yourself and learn to be strong as an individual. This will come across as sexy to women.
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

thanks for the encouragement.

But you're missing the picture. I don't have a busy social life. I'm merely busy and unhappy and unable to have a good social life. I do have good friends in my classes, but not exactly a best friend, or a go-to guy to hang out with on a lonely weekend, you know?

More importantly, I'm still thinking about that last girl I liked. I want the best for the both of us, which is to just let her go and be her friend. But right now, I just feel lonely and sad because I still think about her. Even though I don't see her as a potential lover anymore, I care about her no less than I did before.

Are you just telling me to suck it up, pretend I'm happy, and say "ahh f-ck it." Because even though I'm a depressed sob, I will be a normal person on the surface and attract more friends? People have told me that, and I've been trying, but with relatively little success.
    Last edited by yaganon; 01-04-10 at 03:40 PM.

Your first post really gave me the impression that you are not isolated...what is Ultimate Freesbee?

I am not telling you to suck it up but there are things you can't help in life and I am sure you know this already.

If this person does not want to be with you, can you force her?

We've all been there. Best is really to focus on yourself and what you have right now. And you seem to have a lot.

You have friends (see your original post), you have a family who despite being lame is happy to have you at home. And you are busy (always best to be busy when enduring a break up)

I's difficult now because your break up is still fresh but it gets better.

I am sorry I don't have a magic wand to make your ex come back.

Let's see. Some fellow members might have better suggestions?
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.