+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I like a girl, but she's not the one i'm dating! A little bit confused.

I like a girl, but she's not the one i'm dating! A little bit confused.

For the record i'm no player. I'm 29 and at a stage that i'm ready to settle or at least get into something stable.

I hooked up with a girl that i've been friends with for about 10 years a few weeks ago. We were then texting each other frequently and were organising to meet ect. She had essays due and was sick so we never ended up getting around to it. I asked her to show that was in town and she said she was keen to get to it, when does it finish. I suggest we get to it at the end of the week and then no reply. It seemed as though she kept changing her mind since our first encounter, so text her the next day and say i can't go as i was offered a ticket with someone else. I get a token reply the day after that saying her phone broke and she just got her new one working ect, no probs about the show as she needs to study anyway blah blah blah. I have not replied since.

Before i hooked up with this girl, i had gone on a date with another nice girl with whom i seem to have a good connection to. We have had more dates since that and have fun together and it seems as though things are flowing relatively smoothly. It is very early days (about a month or so) but i am still thinking of my friend that i hooked up with and why she went cold when it was extemely comfortable at the time.

The other piece to this is that she had a conversation with a mutual girl friend about me and gave the old we have been friends for ages speech and it's hard to see it any different - but in the same breathe, we have so much in common and he's funny and he is good lookiing ect.

Maybe she is embarressed, but do i try to talk to her about it or just leave it and progress with my other situation?

Maybe she just needs some time and to figure things out. You are a friend who is now showing more than a 'friendly' interest and she has sensed it. I guess she will need to figure if she could go from friends, to something a little more serious with you....to figure if she sees you, or could see you in 'that' way.

Also and not everyone is in a mad dash to get into a relationship and they have priorities over guys and relationships.

Or, could be a sign that she's backing off and because shes sensed you are getting a little too close for comfort.

To avoid all this 'second guessing', you could actually *shock horror*, ask her on a date and see what kind of reaction you get.
    One thing is for sure, you'd get your answer a lot quicker, than if you continue to sit around and wonder.