+ Follow This Topic
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Human Trash

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    "I am sure to not hit my children with my hand, because I don't want them to fear me. They usually get the wooden spoon, and fear IT rather than me".
    That's stupid. I was hit with a belt (and any other thing that was handy). I may not be a genius, but I was certainly smart enough to see who was the one swinging it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    indi pwned this thread
    I suppose if you call pwning inserting you opinion to the point of discounting all others and then resorting to insults when you cannot topple someone's argument in a logical manner. If that is pwning then I suppose she did. I wouldn't be proud of that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Indi didn't pwn shit, much less my thread.
    So true. A simple offshoot of the debate about human trash turned into words being shoved into my mouth and ideas being asserted on my behalf just because my position isn't agreed with. Whatever.

Her experiences are limited to that of her one child, which happens to have a manageable temperament.
    Another good point. I also hated the fact that she kept trying to drag Qwerty into this when I specifically shot down her argument on that matter. Somehow points that were made that didn't mesh with her thinking were quickly dismissed and then forgotten, probably because of the flood of opinion and insult that followed each.

Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    Personally I thought we hit a wall...we just kept making the same points over and over again.
    Exactly, and what this boils down to is that we all have differing opinions. However, no one needs to be insulted based strictly on their opinion. Once insults start flying the debate is fueled by anger and oneupmanship which causes everyone to lose focus of the actual topic.

I suppose that I can at least say "you're welcome" to IndiReloaded since she did thank me for bringing the topic up, but many of your comments were uncalled for. I did make a few myself, but you had burned my fuse down. I can and do respect that you can raise a child without using physical discipline, and never (despite you constantly accusing me of it) suggested that your method failed and that YOU needed to beat YOUR child. I don't know your child and you don't know mine, hell, we don't even know each other. I will still carry on with you in a civil manner, but one of the main rules when debating something is to attack the topic/statement/idea and not the person. Somehow you forgot this during our exchange, so please keep that in mind for the future.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    That's stupid. I was hit with a belt (and any other thing that was handy). I may not be a genius, but I was certainly smart enough to see who was the one swinging it.
    -sigh- Yes, but without the object in question there isn't a need to be fearful. A hand is attached to you, and therefore the disciplinary instrument is always with the parent and that could generate fear. Why am I bothering....
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    -sigh- Yes, but without the object in question there isn't a need to be fearful.
    You are kidding, right? You MUST be.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You are kidding, right? You MUST be.
    Makes sense to me, it's like how you might present a rolled newspaper to a dog.

The dog recognizes the object and therefore, the intent.

Yes, I'm comparing children to dogs, since they're really not all that different.

I love that "spare the rod, spoil the child" saying. People often interpret that as some sort of warning that a child will be spoiled if you don't beat them, but I always read that as a directive: (you should) spare the rod (and instead) spoil the child.
    At my church, that was explained as meaning something other than beating. The rod is the shepherd's crook, what you use to guide sheep in a particular direction. You don't lose your shit and start beating the hell out of them with it. When you spare the rod, you give your children no direction or guidance.

I go to a nicey-nice church.

I remember way back in high school this debate came up, although it wasn't nearly as heated and there weren't insults flying everywhere. Anyway, my teacher said something that made a lot of sense that I took to heart. He said, "I am sure to not hit my children with my hand, because I don't want them to fear me. They usually get the wooden spoon, and fear IT rather than me". It made a lot of sense and still makes a lot of sense to me.
    I was never afraid of inanimate objects. I was afraid of my father.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post

Yes, I'm comparing children to dogs, since they're really not all that different.
    That really isn't true, though. By your logic, I should be afraid of belts, and I'm not.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That really isn't true, though. By your logic, I should be afraid of belts, and I'm not.
    Keep it up and you will be.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I never feared my dad or his belt. I did learn to hate my father, though.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm glad my dad only used his belt to keep his pants up

I love both of my parents very much.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    I love both of my parents very much.
    They don't love you though. You're adopted

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My mother slapped me a few times, but I guarantee you those aren't the things I hold against her.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    They don't love you though. You're adopted
    Don't be mad your mom isn't quite sure who your father is...I'm sure 1 of the 23 possible candidates is bound to be it...hang in there...the tests will come back.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Hey since youre on a child-rearing subject could someone answer my question:

What age do you feel is okay to send a little boy into a public bathroom by himself? And/or how old it too old to take the boy into the womans bathroom with you?

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast