+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I am starting to have feelings for my friend, Do you think she feels the same?

College!! I really do live inside the place haha(figure of speech of course) I live in Harvord at the moment:)

I am starting to have feelings for my friend, Do you think she feels the same?

I have feelings for this girl that I met a few months back at College. We became very friendly straight away. We have a few things in common and we get on really well. We talked to each other alot and grew a trust between quickly enough.

Lately I have been having feelings for her and I am not sure if she feels the same way.

We get on really well, we talk alot and trust each other. When I met her friends and family out of college they were all like "oh she talks alot about you" and stuff like that. We go partying and clubbing together and one night we were holding hands walking down the street looking for the nearest pub lol. She always tells me that Im funny and compliments. When ever she touches my arm(basic human contact) usually after I making her laugh I noticed that she kept it there slightly longer than what is normal haha.Another few times I noticed her feeling my arms(like feeling muscles) but in a very kinda of way where she didnt want to know that she was doing it).

But then I think she likes me as a friend because she talks to me about boys. I mean I talked to her about my girlfriend(until we broke up) but I didnt have these feelings for her back then.

She always tells me that we are friends and shes glad shes my friend but do you think thats all she wants?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think she wants more unless she's naturally THAT flirty. The part that stands out to me is holding hands...

I don't think it would be out of the question to talk to her about it... when she's complimenting you and thanking you for your friendship blah blah blah, go in with "betty, can I talk to you about something... I've been wondering for a while now if you might think of me as anything more of a friend... you're always doing _________ and saying ___________ and that makes me think that maybe you might think of me as more of a friend." Of course you should be smiling when you say this and all that. If she claims she doesn't like you back then you need to be a man and tell her that she should stop sending you these signals as obviously it has an impact on you. So make your move...

While I concur with girl68, my opinion is that if she talks about you when you are not around and is constantly touching you, she doesnt think of you as just a "friend." However, be wary of this because that doesnt necessarily give you the green light. More like a red light when the other side is yellow but you have that "No Right/Left on Red" sign. In other words, keep putting in the work. You have recently gotten out of a relationship I can assume, which means that more than likely the feelings are there out of mere proximity to her, if they werent there before. But this does not mean you shouldnt explore this. I would try to get some more one on one time and reciprocate the things she does with SLIGHT advances IN YOUR OWN STYLE THAT YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH. We can all sit here all day and try to put words in your mouth (no offense intended girl68), but you know the atmosphere and situation best. If it were ME, I would keep up the physical part AND the laughter. That way you are not necessarily changing your personality. I'm subscribing, so KEEP US POSTED!!!! Sounds like you have a real shot here. Good luck to you.
    Same song and dance.
    "Whats the weather like kid?" --- "Its always sunny in Hell."

Third date! Can't stop fate. Its time to take this thing we got to the next level.
    Ya'know SPEND ALL OF OUR WAKING HOURS TOGETHER!!!!
    SURPRISE showed up at your job again! I was thinkin' I wanna be everything to you.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I sincerly hope he doesn't take the "speech" and execute it word for word. The idea was what I'm getting at... But then again I'm a very forward type of person. I like to make it known and I like to have things made known to me.

^^^ ROFL. You never know.
    Same song and dance.
    "Whats the weather like kid?" --- "Its always sunny in Hell."

Third date! Can't stop fate. Its time to take this thing we got to the next level.
    Ya'know SPEND ALL OF OUR WAKING HOURS TOGETHER!!!!
    SURPRISE showed up at your job again! I was thinkin' I wanna be everything to you.