+ Follow This Topic

Thread: This shouldn't bother me, but it does.. big time...

This shouldn't bother me, but it does.. big time...

So the "ex" I had who played me with having a LD boyfriend and not telling me about him for 8 months, called me last night at 4am.. I looked at the phone and ignored it like I been doing for the past month or so of NC, and turned it off so I wouldn't be tempted. Next thing you know, I see probably 5 new text messages and 2 voicemails when I wake up. All malicious and furious as if I did something to her.. I read the text messages "thanks a lot, you finally got your wish.. my bf broke up with me for another girl." "congratulations now you can be happy because he left me alone and broke my heart." "i'm so glad for you. tks" and the voicemails were along those lines as well, except even more angry.. And it pissed me off that i've done absolutely nothing to her and she was calling to yell at me, for the bf that her ass didn't even tell me about for 8 months breaking up with her.. I mean the nerve! So it really just struck a cord with me and I called her up immediately, and we ended up in a big shouting match... I can't believe she would dare to do that, and it just stirred up all of these negative emotions inside of me and now I don't even know what to do with myself.
    Be careful with your heart, because when someone seems too good to be true, they usually are.

Are you kidding me? This was cause for laughter and high fives with your pals. Not only should this slam the door completely and finally shut on your relationship with an obnoxious woman, but you could have a good chuckle at her clueless expense. The only possible reason to call her would be a quick I Told You So and then hang up on her forever.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Too bad you called her. I would have just suggested you reply back by text message the following:

hahahahhahahaa!

And then never speak to her again.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yes, calling her was the worst thing I could've possibly done. She then proceeded to tell me that she never wants to talk to me again (we weren't even talking to begin with. hadn't spoken to her in 5+ weeks).. And somehow I found myself arguing with her about that, not about her not speaking to me but just about the reasoning for it. And now it's like it hit a giant reset button on all the progress I had made.
    Be careful with your heart, because when someone seems too good to be true, they usually are.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Crazy nutcase! Either way set the reset button and never, ever speak to her again.

FYI I'm pretty sure that would get a lot of people's blood flowing.

You gave her exactly what she wanted. Well, not exactly. What she really wanted was to call and yell at HIM, but he was smart enough to not respond to her, unlike you, so you got the torrent of drama.
    Spammer Spanker

you should still attempt after a week of no contact a random txt that says "Hah hah I told you so"
    I've been having these weird thoughts lately...Like....is any of this real or not?

Don't respond at all. You know you are better than that. Another reason to believe in karma eh?

Give it some more time. Anger is first, then it's sadness and apologies. Those are next on your horizon. Get yourself mentally prepared. Because it's going to stir up your emotions again and those are your enemy right now.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

She is a dumb bitch and KARMA IS A BITCH DAMMIT ! That's what she gets for lying to you, things could've been great for you guys if she hadn't been a two timing bitch. Good thing you bitched her out. Tell her she can cry about her dumb bf alone cause you won't be her rebound. I'm glad he left her ! You deserve better !

NBT is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    People have a tendency to try and turn things around on others, and blame them for things that aren't really their fault.

That's exactly what she did in this situation.

Years ago, I had an ex try that shit on me.

She said "Yeah, I may have lied, and I may have cheated, but you proved your love was fake in more ways than one. So f**k you, and your fake ass love."

(This was right after I'd learned of a HUGE lie she kept from me)

So, I simply responded with "So I'm the bad guy? Funny. Only YOU could f**k 3 guys behind my back and have the nerve to cuss ME out for it, lol"

That shut her up, for about a month. After that, she called me asking to be friends.

People like that WANT you to feed into their bullshit. They bait you and hope to hook you.

They want to end all communication on THEIR terms. If they get mad and cuss you out, it is MUCH EASIER to stop talking to you than it is if YOU catch THEM in a lie, and stop talking to THEM.

Either way, they're LOSING you. But it's EASIER if they push you away, rather than vice versa.

So yeah, you probably shouldn't have called.

But when you did, you should have calmly said "Interesting voicemails. Ok. So how did *I* make your boyfriend dump you?"

Then, waited for her answer.

She either WOULDN'T have had one, or it would have been some bullshit.

Either way, you could have hung up like "Ok. I see you still have some maturing to do" and left her even angrier than before, while feeling better about the fact that you aren't with her anymore.