+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to respond during dating

How to respond during dating

Hi I could not find "dating" forum so I hope it's OK to leave my question here. Would like to get advice from you regarding beginning stage of dating. I am not very experienced and I dowant a relationship.
    I am not into flings or ONS.

I have problem knowing how to respond or react during dates.
    Do we really need to hold hands or kiss on your first date or dates to follow? I don't feel comfy yet because
    he is still a total stranger to me. Can guys/girls go on dates to know each other first before getting intimate?
    What's the culture?

Also, if that guy wanted to hold your hand at the theatre, is it rude to tell him NO? And he wanted to kiss my cheek
    while we were watching a movie at the theatre. Arrgghhh...I don't know how to respond w/o being rude at the
    same time.

Oh another thing, I assume it's a bad idea to accept his invitation to watch DVD at his house on a second date, right?
    Don't get me wrong, I had sex with my BFs (exs) but only want with my official BFs.

Refusing to hold hands in the theater makes you seem like an incredible prude to me. He's your date, not your brother.

And I agree that going over to his place to watch a DVD is not an appropriate second date plan. That's for people who are sleeping together.
    Spammer Spanker

You know I really cannot wait to see you again

Hey, I am really inexperience and don't want to fall into the "nice girl" symptom. Can you please advise me? Just got a text from my date from last Saturday. I rejected to go to his house yesterday for DVD. Now he texted me and said "You know I really cannot wait to see you again"

What does that translate to? How should I reply him?
    I have read about how men just lose interest if you show interest so quickly. Also I read a little the book called "Why Men like Bitches"

How should I reply him?

Maybe he really does want to see you again. Not all guys are just in it to get a quick piece and bail but its smart of you to keep your guard up if you are not that type. Reply back offering something like meeting up for coffee, mini golf, a local festival, checking out a park, something othan than involving sitting on a couch.

If he really wants to see YOU again (not your koslopis and tata's) then he'll be cool doing something you are comfortable doing. If not, his loss and you are out nothing.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Omg

Oh my GOD! He just sent another text "Can I drop by sometimes? I can bring a DVD or something" He lives 45 minutes away from me. I have yet to reply anything.......what's next? How should I handle this?

Tell him flat out no, you do not invite men over who you have only been on one date with. He's being incredibly pushy, and the "let's watch a movie" thing is a classic play to get into your pants. Suggest a picnic next weekend or something.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by so-lost View Post
    Also I read a little the book called "Why Men like Bitches"
    I don't like bitches. I may be an exception but I don't think so.

Oh my GOD! He just sent another text "Can I drop by sometimes? I can bring a DVD or something" He lives 45 minutes away from me. I have yet to reply anything.......what's next? How should I handle this?
    Ew, yeah. Thats over the top. Creeper.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    I don't like bitches. I may be an exception but I don't think so.
    Thought you had a bitchy online gf?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This guy gives off major creeper vibe he wants to get into your pants after 1 date :S

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Thought you had a bitchy online gf?
    Not exactly, but I stopped liking her when she turned into a bitch.

Killers

Thanks all,

So I replied to him "I prefer watching Killers with you at the theatre" and he replied sounds great and didn't set any exact date. LoL
    Let's see what's next.

You guys are right, he gave out such negative vibe and I started to lose interest in him now.....

Should I still go to watch Killers if he later set a date on that??

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Umm yes, why wouldn't you?

I suggest double dating with a friend. This guy doesn't really take a hint.
    Spammer Spanker

Thanks all,

So I replied to him "I prefer watching Killers with you at the theatre" and he replied sounds great and didn't set any exact date. LoL
    Let's see what's next.

You guys are right, he gave out such negative vibe and I started to lose interest in him now.....

Should I still go to watch Killers if he later set a date on that??
    Yes I would go. After all, you have to give him the benefit of the doubt because I'm thinking it's a little too early to say what his intentions may be.

A lot of guys will try and get in your pants as early as possible, but that isn't to say he may want to just use you for sex. Once he becomes aware that you a female with a sense of self respect (which he will be becoming aware of now) and he realises he isn't going to what he wants and quickly, he's either going to stick around, or he is not.

Bear in mind though that some guys will stick around and with the motive in mind in trying to get in your pants. This is when they sometimes resort to heavy 'sweet talk' and to try and get what they want.

You should be able to judge whether he is being genuine or he's after a booty call.

Genuine guys tend to want to spend time with you and often. Genuine guys don't leave you hanging and will call regulary and consistantly....

Genuine guys do not, proclaim you are the love of their life and want to marry you after 2 dates. Genuine guys do not say that they can feel this strong connection with you, when they don't know you well enough for a bond to have established. So if he's coming on too strong....BEWARE!

The fact he hasn't set a date and time to go and see this movie is a tad suspect, BUT he may call later and set the date, etc..

If from this point his interest seems to wane, then he was after one thing. In that case, he was no loss and you dodged a 'player'.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast