+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys opinions on this please

Guys opinions on this please

Hi there everyone..My name is Irene and I have just joined....Can I ask from a male point of view what you think is going on in
    my ex partners mind..because I havent a clue.

Long story cut short here...We were together 11 yrs...We had problems in the last 6 mnths..We split up 3 mnths ago..he said he still loved me but couldent stay with me..He walked out,and me stupidly did all the wrong things..text terrorisam.constant calling,etc etc.not begging,just arguing,he even changed his number..So no contact for 6 wks now..I had to phone him last week at work about something too do with the house..Anyway he was just being polite,when I asked him if he was ever going to call me..he said no cause he dident want another argument.[which I had no intension of doing]..so he was just basically saying bye bye I think without hurting me any more..He said he wore my ring round his neck on a chain every day???..dont know what that was suppose to mean??...Anyway how can he just cut himself off like that and treat me like a stranger after 11 yrs??...I know its finished and will move on,but at my age its hard coz I honestly thought we would always be 2gether..Is it possible for guys to just forget things never existed??..Im so confused..

To answer your question, no its not possible to forget things between you guys ever existed..Something must have changed for him..This didn't happen overnight,perhaps another women or maybe you guys just grew apart..Whatever the reason his feelings have changed..I'm sure he still cares about you but the question is on what level...I think he wants to cut off contact because that seems to make things easier for some people to get on with their life.out of sight out of mind kinda thing......anyway stay positive and keep busy you will get through this...good luck
    Mike

Take it slow. Bombarding him with yourself isn't going to help if he has problems with you. But 11 years is a lot of history to have with someone, and it counts for something. I just take a breath for now and focus on other things.

he found another girl. now move on

quit calling him and arguing with him and fighting. Just leave him alone for a while maybe he will come back maybe he won't