+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love problem....

Love problem....

Ok... So

I need some advice. I've recently met someone through my work / the industry I work in, who I am possibly about to start working more closley with as well, she is 22 (same age as me) and absolutley stunning and a great sweat personality. I really like her and have now met with her around 3 times, twice on my own and the third with friends to a club. We haven't done anything but do text often.

I really like her and not sure what to do, as I'm not sure she likes me? I find myself not focusing properly as I literally can't get her out of my mind.

Problem is she speaks about her ex boyfriend quite a lot too who she still seems to see but suggests that they are not boyfriend and girlfriend as he broke up with her a few months ago because he didn't want a relationship but yet they still are "friends" - I get the feeling she is still in love with him.

I really want to do something about my feelings for her but not sure what to do? As the situation is obviously quite delicate due to work situations and also her ex?

What do I do?

Doesn't sound like she's completely over him. Know what I would do? Take her out and show her a good time. Take her mind off of him and show how fun it is to be with you. Try that 2-3 times, and then maybe feel it out a bit more. If it doesn't progress from there, remain friends with her, but don't put your heart into things.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_ View Post
    Doesn't sound like she's completely over him. Know what I would do? Take her out and show her a good time. Take her mind off of him and show how fun it is to be with you. Try that 2-3 times, and then maybe feel it out a bit more. If it doesn't progress from there, remain friends with her, but don't put your heart into things.
    i like reading this, i am new here and this is probably one of the most helpful things i have read that i can relate to. as of right now the woman that i love we known each other for years and then as we grew we parted and recently met again and i feel like a new man now, i felt lost and i juts didnt care about anything.
    She has had relationships and a kid during the 4 years we never spoke and has a boyfriend in prison right now who she i know she likes and i think she likes me too so i must show her a good time, time is of essence here. even then i dont know if i will get with her because she wants to bail him out and with that he would have to live with her. i dont want to say anything bad about this guy either and make me look like an idiot, not that i think bad of him, i just need to compete without coming off as a complete dick. my situation i feel is very touchy and it can go anyway right now. anyone help me with this one? i know sorry to the topic creator i will repost this in another thread if anyone wants to comment but originally i made this post to make a point of the reply that i am quoting is very well said. i feel like its part of my situation

Breaking up but remaining friends immediately after is never a good thing. The guy doesn't know what he wants and she is caught up in the ride thinking he is going to change when he more than likely isn't going to and is just keeping her around as a safety net. I can't think of any girl that was dumped by somebody and allowed "friends" to happen unless they still had feelings for them. She may be keeping her options open and looking for somebody else but as long as she is still in contact with him, she isn't 100 emotionally available and that means you aren't going to get her 100 percent effort. If you want something serious with her, and I think when you are blown away by somebody you usually do, to not get 100 percent of somebody isn't fair to you and will leave you feeling unfulfilled.

It's pretty naive to think that maybe you can change her mind or open her eyes, especially if you haven't blown her away like she has to you. You could try to show her what else is out there by taking her out just the two of you to do something fun. But you have been warned. I think it's worth a shot, do your best to not let your expectations soar too high though and know when to cut your losses so you don't get hurt too badly.
    Last edited by cmacattack1; 28-06-10 at 08:41 AM.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.