+ Follow This Topic

Thread: just needing some insight........kinda long !

just needing some insight........kinda long !

Hey everybody i'm new to this forum....actually the first time i've ever been part of any forum. But anyway here's my problem. I've been with the same girl for 9 yrs now,we are high school sweethearts and are both 26 now, and we've been through our ups and downs like anybody else. But about 2 years ago she cheated on me with a guy she went to school with and she told me she had kissed him and that was it....well i forgave her and we moved on with our lives. I proposed to her about a month later and we're now engaged....Then....about two weeks ago she told me she had something important she needed to tell me. So i came home from work and she told me to sit down...so i did.... Then she told me that she had done more than kissed the guy and that she had actually slept with him just once... Of course i was infuriated and began taking it out on my walls and doors lol not very immature i know...anyway she sat there crying her eyes out and i just kept asking why...she said it was because i never talked about marriage or kids N she thought i didn't want either and that she was just lost N thought that someone else could give here these things... She sat there crying and apologizing for the longest time, i left our apartment N went to collect myself then came back and told her that i had forgiven her and i wanted to make things work. Anything worth having is worth fighting for right?? for about a week she cried everytime i held her N told me she was sorry and i want to believe her but my brain is telling me no cuz I don't wanna hurt anymore. I'm no saint either, i fu**ed up in the past too, i actually did the exact same thing. She was my first and i was hers N she's my best friend N everything i could ever ask for in a woman.... But what i wanna know is; do these things happen. I apologize if my question sounds ignorant but I figured that i'd ask N see if anyone else has been in this situation N how it made them feel and if they were able to conquer the visions of your loved one with another and all the things that come along with it... If anybody can offer some advice i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i am actually going to make myself read this
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ok, LF veterans, here's the translation of the above post:

highschool sweethearts, now engaged, have both cheated on each other. she was the one to confess though. should he forgive her?

i say yes.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

I don't know if i could get over someone who cheated on me, but that is my personal opinion. But since you have cheated too you must have an understanding of why she did it, and if you believe she would be faithful in the future and it just was a one time thing then forgive her. It is clear that you don't want to give up easily on your relationship.
    I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

So you are asking whether you should forgive her for cheating on you, when you cheated on her?

LOL!!.....unbelievable.