+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Office Girl - Not sure if she is flirting with me

Office Girl - Not sure if she is flirting with me

OK so it's a work situation there's a new girl at work and I think she might be flirting with me but fairly subtly. Basically she is a really nice person and gets on with everyone so for this reason I have to be carefull it's not just male ego making me think this.

She seems to look at me quite a bit, when we talk she looks deep into my eyes for long periods of time and I sometimes even have to momentarily look away. This can happen even when it's just work related so maybe she is just making sure I am listening?

She does seem to pay me compliments but then again as I said she is nice to everyone. She seems to be touching me more and more often but again might just be her being nice. She has given me a nick name and when I asked her why she calls me this she explained the reason she came up with which was very complimentary (but the nick name actually sounds a bit corny).

Sometimes she seems to ask me stupid questions, and she is deffinately not stupid, she seems very inteligent. She does seem to often bring me into conversations with other people when she knows I can hear what she is saying, like "XXXXXX said I can do this" but again maybe I'm just reading what I would like into this?

Anyway feedback would be good.
    Last edited by sloanranger; 03-07-10 at 07:30 AM.

Wait until you're closing the office up with her one day. Catch her in a corner, grab her neck, and start making out with her. Take her clothes off and bang her on the photocopy machine. Have it scan multiple images to your boss's desktop.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by hurt_confuzd View Post
    Wait until you're closing the office up with her one day. Catch her in a corner, grab her neck, and start making out with her. Take her clothes off and bang her on the photocopy machine. Have it scan multiple images to your boss's desktop.
    ewww, you could do better than that. where's Giga and her humor? she's been on a roll lately.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by sloanranger View Post
    OK so it's a work situation there's a new girl at work and I think she might be flirting with me but fairly subtly. Basically she is a really nice person and gets on with everyone so for this reason I have to be carefull it's not just male ego making me think this.

She seems to look at me quite a bit, when we talk she looks deep into my eyes for long periods of time and I sometimes even have to momentarily look away. This can happen even when it's just work related so maybe she is just making sure I am listening?

She does seem to pay me compliments but then again as I said she is nice to everyone. She seems to be touching me more and more often but again might just be her being nice. She has given me a nick name and when I asked her why she calls me this she explained the reason she came up with which was very complimentary (but the nick name actually sounds a bit corny).

Sometimes she seems to ask me stupid questions, and she is deffinately not stupid, she seems very inteligent. She does seem to often bring me into conversations with other people when she knows I can hear what she is saying, like "XXXXXX said I can do this" but again maybe I'm just reading what I would like into this?

Anyway feedback would be good.
    what is really your question? she IS a new girl, she IS flirting with you. does that change anything?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

I wouldn't want to get involved with anyone at work because if the relationship didn't work out you'd still have to see that person everyday unless somebody quit or got fired. I don't know if she's flirting with you or not but if it were me I wouldn't pursue it

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    what is really your question? she IS a new girl, she IS flirting with you. does that change anything?
    What I am asking is does this sound like more than just friendly flirting that some girls do. I ask because I have made the mistake before at work when in fact the girl was just being friendly. I think I am pretty bad at telling the difference between flirty behaviour from a friend and flirty behaviour when someone who is interested.

I can honestly not say for sure if this is just flirty behavior from a friend of flirting from someone who is interested. People flirt in different ways. At the very least it appears that she likes you. Are you interested in her or are you only interested in her because you think that she is flirting with you? It can definitely be very tricky getting involved with someone at the office and since you guys work together it could end up being very awkward if you guys date and it doesn't work out or if she was just being flirty in a friendly way. If you are seriously interested in her I would just ask if she'd like to get some coffee with you or something else relaxed and not too date like and see what happens. Good luck !

Oh it you are lucky guy. You think that your office girl flirting with you. But you are not sure about this. So first of all you check about it. Otherwise you can directly ask her. You have a nice nature. You mention that the girl nature is so caring. So I think she care all the members of office. So you can check that she is only care of you or every person of office. Look in her eyes it's a best option to know the reaction of the girl.

What is it with people telling other people to avoid co-worker relationship in every thread.
    We all know the deal and outcome. But for those who have had bad experiences doesn't mean you have to ruin it for the other person.
    They might have better luck. You just never know.
    Also, a co-workers being co-workers don't last that long because most of the times they find other(better) jobs.

Anyways, why don't you just ask her to hang out with other co-workers after work for a drink or pizza. Stop thinking and start asking.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

It's really hard to tell. Some girls are just naturally flirty in their actions when they don't actually intend to. In your case, I guess the only way to tell is to find that moment when you'll realize she is flirting with you. Why don't you start flirting with her? if she is into you, she'll definitely flirt back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Lover Boy View Post
    What is it with people telling other people to avoid co-worker relationship in every thread.
    We all know the deal and outcome. But for those who have had bad experiences doesn't mean you have to ruin it for the other person.
    They might have better luck. You just never know.
    Also, a co-workers being co-workers don't last that long because most of the times they find other(better) jobs.

Anyways, why don't you just ask her to hang out with other co-workers after work for a drink or pizza. Stop thinking and start asking.
    It's a bad job market right now, and has been for a couple of years, at least in most sectors. And dating a co-worker is lazy, unprofessional, and potentially embarrassing. OP wouldn't even be worrying about the office girl if he actively trying to meet women on his own time in other venues. That's the real problem, he's a shy, nice guy who needs to get assertive. Women like assertive guys.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

If you "think" she is showing the signs of flirting, then try and flirt to see what response you may get back. Only she knows if she's truly flirting with you, So it's up to you if you want to find out to flirt back or even ask her.

is she hot

Quote Originally Posted by shammi View Post
    is she hot
    seriously?
    Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.

No one is saying that you SHOULD stay away, but they are giving another perspective on the work-relationship situation. Personally, I would avoid it as well. A relationship is not worth making my professional life more complicated (even hypothetically speaking). It's too much potential drama. Work stays at work, home stays at home. I don't mix the two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast