+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ice Breakers? How to get talking to a girl?

Ice Breakers? How to get talking to a girl?

I'm seeking some advice. There's this girl who lives near to me, and I know her both through her Brother (who I went to school with), and through my Mum (who taught her how to drive). I had never previously talked to her much (just saw her around), until tonight, when her and her brother came to my house to thank my Mum (she recently passed her driving test). The 4 of us ended up talking for quite a long time, and I got on quite well with the girl.

Basically what i'm wondering is, how do I get a chance to talk to her again, and if I did, what do I say? She is on my Facebook, but we've never previously talked much before and it would seem a bit weird if I suddenly started to.

She's also extremely shy, and to be honest, so am I, too.

Yeah, so really i'm just looking for an ice breaker, an excuse to talk to her more/see her again/get to know her a bit. I'm not saying I want to date this girl, I just think she's really nice and would like to talk to her more. It's honestly quite innocent, but I'm afraid she might think otherwise if I just get in contact out of the blue, and I don't want to give the wrong impression.

Well, this depends. How old is she/you?

I would say if you can meet her in person, simply ask her for coffee/lunch. Its up to you on how forward you want to be, but unless you call it a "date" to her, she has the option of assuming shes hanging out with a friend.