View Poll Results: Pick your top 2 love languages.

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a Male: Touch

5 33.33%
  • Male: Words

1 6.67%
  • Male: Service/Favors

1 6.67%
  • Male: Quality Time

3 20.00%
  • Male: Gifts

0 0%
  • I'm a Female: Touch

5 33.33%
  • Female: Words

4 26.67%
  • Female: Service/Favors

2 13.33%
  • Female: Quality Time

7 46.67%
  • Female: Gifts

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Top 2 Love Languages

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Your Top 2 Love Languages

So it's been a while since I posted anything in regards to love in this forum, but I thought this would be fun, and possibly enlightening to some of you.

Apparently there are 5 love languages that people may or may not know they communicate in. People often communicate in the ways they prefer, and not always in the way their partner does. This can often lead to frustration, and general misunderstanding.

The 5 love languages are:

Words of Affirmation
    Touch/Physical Intimacy
    Quality Time
    Gifts
    Acts of Service/Favors

This website is clearly trying to sell a book, but they give a good description of each one of these: [url=http://www.5lovelanguages.com/learn-the-languages/the-five-love-languages/]The 5 Love Languages? | Five Love Languages[/url]

Personally, I prefer to speak in Touch (touching/squeezing/sexing) and Acts of Service (doing favors, fixing things).

On the flip side, I like to receive Touch in return, but also Quality Time. I'm not interested in words, or gifts, or favors (unless they're sexual).

My g/f on the other hand, is Touch and Words.

At one point we realized that she'd try to communicate with words, notes, saying sweet things, and I was generally dismissive of these because I didn't fully recognize the sentiment behind them.

Like wise, I often did things for her, made her coffee, clean the bathroom, help her with random things, and I would have to remind her of these before she began to realize that was my way of expressing that I cared.

Think about it, and see what your two love languages are, discuss it with your SO, 'cause you might learn something.

If you're not sure, try taking this quiz: [url=http://www.afo.net/hftw-lovetest.asp]Love Languages Test[/url]
    Last edited by Junket; 30-07-10 at 10:23 PM.

Touch and Acts of Service kind of overlap with me.

Heh heh.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    30% quality time
    27% physical touch
    23% words of affirmation
    13% acts of service
    7% receiving gifts
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm curious as to how this will break down.

I suspect men will generally be Touch and something else, but I'm not sure about the females.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    30% quality time
    27% physical touch
    23% words of affirmation
    13% acts of service
    7% receiving gifts
    Yeah, according to my poll, I was:

37% Touch
    30% Quality Time
    17% Words
    4% Acts of Service
    3% Gifts

Think Service should swapped with Words, though I don't particularly care for either.
    Last edited by Junket; 30-07-10 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post

At one point we realized that she'd try to communicate with words, notes, saying sweet things, and I was generally dismissive of these because I didn't fully recognize the sentiment behind them.

Like wise, I often did things for her, made her coffee, clean the bathroom, help her with random things, and I would have to remind her of these before she began to realize that was my way of expressing that I cared.

[/url]
    actually that makes sense. i also do loads of things for mu gf as u do and i dont think she knows its a way for me to show how much i love and care for her. i think i'll ask this to my gf too. thanks man.
    Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.

27% quality time
    27% physical touch
    23% words of affirmation
    17% acts of service
    7% receiving gifts
    Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, I'm a little quirky, I speak with touch and favors, but like to receive touch and quality time.

My husband is all about acts of service and I'm all about quality time and physical touch. We had some problems adjusting. He would be too busy being "Mr. Helpful" to give me the attention I needed. When I tried to explain that emptying the dishwasher could wait, he got mad because I didn't appreciate what he was doing. It was a big mess.
    Spammer Spanker

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My list in order of most important:
    1- touch
    2- quality time
    3- word
    4- acts of service
    5- gifts

Boyfriends is (I think)
    1- quality time
    2- touch
    3- acts of service
    4- words
    5- gifts

I learnt the hard way I will never ever go without "touch" it is by far the upmost important aspect of my relationship. (Okay, maybe not by far but yeah, I need it and I need it a lot). Damn good thing I found a affectionate guy who puts up with most of my needs

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Where's all the material girls?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    words and then touch
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

33% Physical Touch
    33% Quality Time
    20% Acts of Service
    7% Words of Affirmation
    7% Receiving Gifts

My boyfriend tells me he loves me a lot, but it's not something I need to hear all the time. I much prefer him to show me by cuddling with me and touching me. He's a very sensual person as well, and enjoys to be massaged and touched. This makes me so happy. I had a lot boyfriends that didn't understand why it was so important to me. My mother raised me with the understanding that touch is so important. Words can have more than one meaning, can be misinterpreted, can hurt, etc. Touch (invited touch) speaks volumes beyond what words sometimes even screw up. Watching his eyelids grow heavy when I massage his neck and shoulders is so satisfying.

I think it's cool that Touch and Quality Time are equal too. When we are spending Quality Time we are usually touching each other in some way. Acts of Service overlaps here too when I give him massages at times when I myself am particularly tired.

I like receiving gifts just as much as the next person, but it's not everything. And when I do get a gift, it's made extra special by it's rare occurrence. My boyfriend took me out so much last year. It wasn't necessary, but I realize that there are a lot of males out there (particularly young ones) that think spending money on a woman is the best way to show you care. I had to drill it into his head that all I wanted was to be around him. Now we are much more content to cuddle up during a Sox game with some pizza and soda.
    Last edited by lahnnabell; 31-07-10 at 01:03 AM.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Where's all the material girls?
    Elle was banned!

Mine is :

13% Words of Affirmation 4
    30% Quality Time 9
    0% Receiving Gifts
    23% Acts of Service 7
    33% Physical Touch 10

Thanks Fras for bringing another perspective to relationships !

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    27% Words of affirmation
    30% Quality Time
    7% Receiving Gifts
    3% Acts of Service
    33% Physical Touch

This makes total sense to me. All I ever want from him is to spend time together doing things, and to be acknowledged silently by touch. We are a very physical couple, in the sense we constantly touch each other.......a hand on the shoulder, a hug, sitting close together, and of course a lot of sex lol. When when stand next to each other, one usually has their arm around the others waist or something. I've noticed this, it's our way of connecting. We also do a lot of things together, even everyday household things.

I don't consider him doing things for me a major part of what makes me feel loved. Especially when it comes to things around the house.....we both have a responsibility to do those things. It's not 1950, household chores are just as much his job, just as household repairs are just as much mine. I also don't value gifts as much as the other things on this list. I know people in terrible relationships who buy each other shit to make it look like they care.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast