+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need help, tonight. Can anyone help with my trust issues?

I need help, tonight. Can anyone help with my trust issues?

I keep accusing my partner of 4 years of cheating. He loves me to bits and I love him, and I think my issues stem from my past. I was cheated on by all of my previous partners, one who physically abused and raped me. My dad cheated on my mum, and my current boyfriend once broke up with me for another girl a couple of years back. My partner is SO angry with me & I think he might break up with me. How can I explain how I feel in a way that will make him understand? How can I apologize? What Can I do to get over my past issues? Is it even possible to work through this? I am really stuck

Be honest with him why you act the way you do. However, you WILL push him away if you keep acting like you do. Has he given you a real reason to suspect he's cheating? Doesn't sound like it. You know when someone is cheating on you generally. Like I said, if you keep up the dramatics you will push him into some other womans arms. Just believe that not all men are like your father and your ex.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

He probably is upset about the constant accusing and it's probably wearing thin on him. I've had issues with being cheated on in the past and the fear of it happening again. Basically you just have to let go of all your fears and jump into the relationship full force. If you really care about this person and the feeling is mutual with them then they'll work with you if you show progress. Talk to him when your able to and let him know you do trust him and that if needed you'll start seeing someone or talking to someone about your past issues so you two can move forward in a positive way.

Been there!

is this the same post as the jealousy one?
    well i commented there in the other post
    Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.

the sad thing is, is 'you don't know what you've got til it's gone'. this may not be true in the way that you really love him and he loves you, but if he suddenly has enough and leaves you, it'll be then that you wake up and smell the coffee and realise that you were pushing him away to that point. you'll be kicking yourself forever with the 'i shouldve trusted him' if you keep going. take what he says at face value. let him prove to you that not every guy is the same and that you're his everything. everything happens for a reason, he's stayed with you this long cos he loves you and no one else.

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    What you are doing is that you're letting him pay the price for what other people have done to you. Sins of the past. You're not being fair by doing this.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest