+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Crush on boss back again...HELP

Crush on boss back again...HELP

I posted a while ago about having crush on my boss. In the meantime I have met a great guy who makes me laugh and we get along really well.

Until yesterday. I really was doing so well to get my boss out of my head. It got to the point where I wasn't thinking about him all day and the dreams stopped and everything. I actually had got to the point where I began to think he was an arse and really wouldn't say much to him and went about my business ignoring him.

So yesterday it's starts with him coming to do his session and we had a discussion about me having to buy a printer for my laptop as I needed to print some stuff out. He was advising me what to get and being all nice to me for the first time in ages. Then he says to me "oh come round and you can print stuff out on my printer anytime" (he lives down the road from me). I was quite taken aback as previously he invited me around for "coffee" but when I was supposed to go, he said he'd never received my message (another long story). I then asked him when would be convenient to come around to print the stuff out and he said come around after work.

So I found myself rushing to get home, showered and made myself look pretty just to go around there. My heart was pounding the whole time and I was so nervous. So I went round to his place, played with his cat and we sat down and had some tea and talked about work.

It was all very natural and comfortable and we can talk about anything and everything. He tells me a lot of confidential stuff and I probably know more about him than anybody else does, as he's so private. I even offered to look after his cat for whenever he is away and he was really happy with that.

I don't understand him. I really don't. Now all these feelings have come back when I'm supposed to be seeing this new guy who really likes me. Is it a case of we all want what we can't have? Maybe my boss just wants to be friends and doesn't think of me in any other way? He confuses the hell out of me. Sometimes I just want to tell him I like him, but it's unprofessional and until I leave, if ever, it's really not an option.

It doesn't help when other people say we'd make a good couple. I'm not quite sure if it's general knowledge that I am seeing someone and he has found out which is why he's being friendly? I just really don't know. I'm an attractive girl who really hasn't had much problem attracting men. As big headed as it sounds I've never really had to try that hard but with him it's like he's reisisting me and I don't know why.

I know about the implications of work relationships but surely if you like someone it shouldn't matter?

I have no idea. I feel like I'm going mad. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    You're in a professional environment, of course it matters. He doesn't show anything at work and opens up to you when both of you are alone. Base on your post, I don't see anything that would indicate that he likes you enough to go beyond friendship. You're in a one way love as I see it. Besides, you're seeing someone, isn't that cheating?

By the way, maybe he also decided that keeping his job as your boss is more beneficial than you are to him.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

You are right *sigh*

I'm an attractive girl who really hasn't had much problem attracting men
    Maybe that is why you're taking for granted the person that is seeing you right now?

you say that he's resisting you? well.... he IS your boss. i can't ever imagine someone wanting to get involved with someone who's working for them especially when they've got a bf. be thankful for your bf if youre not careful you might end up 'losing' both of them and regretting it massively. and does your bf know that you went round his?

Quote Originally Posted by kitkitkitty View Post
    you say that he's resisting you? well.... he IS your boss. i can't ever imagine someone wanting to get involved with someone who's working for them especially when they've got a bf. be thankful for your bf if youre not careful you might end up 'losing' both of them and regretting it massively. and does your bf know that you went round his?
    Actually there are a lot of bosses (ESPECIALLY the married ones ) who fools around with their subordinates. Its quite a common story

i guess yeah. but wouldn't he have made a move by now?

Yes, if he was an idiot

hah let's just hope he isn't. OP, concentrate on your relationship with your bf, at least you know that's going somewhere.

You like your boss because he has power over you. That's the only reason that you have a crush on him. He has power. That's why some students fall in love with their professors because the professors are in a position of power.

You don't want to go for your boss. You are in the professional environment. That's not professional. Also, there are legal problems associated with inner-workplace romance.
    Last edited by Raze; 06-08-10 at 10:51 PM.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

I've been in his position before. You said you dont have problems getting guys attention. Meaning they usually just flock to you. He's not doing that. For some reason, that really gets to you. You wanna know why he's not all over you like all the other guys. You wanna know what makes him so differnt from all the rest. This is actually a REALLY ggood way to pick up chicks. It's worked a lor for me lol. Nonetheless, he is your boss and you know what you need to do. Why play with fire? It's only a matter of time until you get burnt.

yeah, being resistive is another way of picking up girls. but you should just try and forget about him and focus on your guy now. it seems he really likes you.
    Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.

ditto! You have a guy in your life. Is he worth losing over whatever this is you have going on with your BOSS? I doubt it.

Thanks for all your replies. The guy I'm seeing is not really my boyfriend, it's all very new so we'll see how things go. I should concentrate on this I know.