+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys...what is the nicest thing...

Guys...what is the nicest thing...

Guys what is the nicest thing a woman ever told you...whether it is your current partner or an ex...is there something that one woman said to you once and that filled you with happiness?
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

wow ... i saw this question hours ago and it is still a total blank for me !

i guess they have nothing nice to say to me ? or it is just not something that sticks in my mind ??

maybe i should just lie and claim they all said "WOW !!YOU HAVE THE BIGGEST DICK I'VE EVER SEEN !!"

You know thanks for replying...I was wondering after all these viewings why nobody attempted to reply...

I thought maybe people thought that this question was dumb and useless...i do actually think that a lot of us women we sometimes fail to be more encouraging and supportive in the relationship...but there are women out there who get it right and who hit the right spot with their guy just by the way they talk to their partner...hence my question to you men...what is it that you feel fortunate and happy to hear from your partner beyond the reference to the size of your dick of course!
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Well, ok so take me as an example, it is more important what my partner DOES NOT say to me (eg nagging, always being negative) rather than specific things she says that pleases me. Maybe because i'm the kind who believes that action speaks louder than words so i tend to ignore flattering or overly sweet words.

I thought Frasbee posted an interesting thread 1 or 2 weeks ago that is a survey on what are the important aspects in a relationship for each individual. You may want to look that up ?

ok i couldnt say i have a top ONE thing, but here are a few of the best:

1. "you have a massive penis, and ive seen a few! the biggest ive seen!"
    2. "your sex is A M A Z I N G"
    3. "you are gorgeous!"
    4. "thank you for ALWAYS being there for me, no matter what"
    5. "i want to spend the rest of my life with you, have your children, and always be there for you"

....haha, now i think about it....HOW am i single?!

thats my 2 cents anyhoo

This is an interesting thread, OP. I didn't want to reply because I'm female and this of course, Ask a Male, but I'm interested in reading what guys say about this.

Mine claims that actions speak louder than words, so with him, flattery gets me nowhere. I do try to be kind.

I like the advice of no nagging (that is hard sometimes for us ladies) and negativity.

i missed you the moment we split up.
    just got that text a couple minutes ago.
    put a nice cheesy smile on my face.

Took me a while to think of one.

An ex once said "you always make me feel safe". Under the circumstances, it was quite touching. We were snuggled up together trying to keep warm, stranded on a little scrub island down in the Florida Keys after a date gone spectacularly wrong. Nighttime, no fire, no one knows where we are, on a little 100-square-meter island that was likely gonna flood when the tide came in, and she feels safe snuggled up against me. Still makes me smile.

I also told my bf that he makes me feel safe, and he said it is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to him.

Quote Originally Posted by sookie6 View Post
    ...is there something that one woman said to you once and that filled you with happiness?

There is one thing an ex said to me long ago that didn't sit very well with me at the time, but which fills me with happiness when I look back on it now.

She said "Good F**king Bye, Loser."

And she left... and I didn't see her again for two years... and never again after that.

Good times.
    When in trouble,
    Or in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout.

I'm in for the "actions speak louder than words" concept. It's the day to day things (or lack thereof) that really leaves a lasting impression on me, more so than any words can anyways.

But there is one line that comes to mind: "You're such a SOB, you almost gave me a heart attack! I can't believe you came to see me."

Shortly thereafter, I walked back to my car to find a ticket for over-parking my meter. $45, and worth every penny!

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah, I can't even remember any. I mean I know girlfriends have said nice stuff to me in the past, but yeah a lack of nagging definitely trumps any compliment.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

"Yes"

She told me I was the best she'd ever had

Girls compliment me all the time - especially girls who I'm not with, so I know I can believe them. They tell me that I have a nice taste in clothing and that I look good with long hair. I've even had a girl tell me I have beautiful eyes right in front of an ex. I've been told I'm a genuine caring person and that I'm amazing. And of course, I get complimented in bed, but that doesn't mean much to me. The compliments I really take to heart though are the ones about my morality, etiquette, and good deeds. So I can't really say who said better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast