+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Oblivious to signs that she might like me?

Oblivious to signs that she might like me?

So im always abit oblivious and i chase girls only im CONFIRMED that they are interested, only really if they tell me that they do. I've never chased after a girl off a gut feeling, because im a wuss. So here it goes.

All my friends, tell me that she really only hangs around because she likes me, and they've mentioned on alot of occasions that they think she likes me. I'm pretty stupid and oblivious, so really i have no idea if she does. I like her alittle bit, but its normal. Here are things I have noticed, maybe the forums here can help me really decide if she does. I have no gut feeling, I am not afraid of rejection (but i don't enjoy the chase).

Im 20 and shes 19.

When we're around each other, she pokes me, laughs at almost everything i say thats a joke (even if it really isnt that funny), she'll stare at me for a few seconds and when i look at her she tends to stare sometimes still but looks away after, or immediately looks away after. She'll always sit near me, she texts me and she actually on a few occasions called me to see if i was okay after some normal teenage drama occurs.

When we all ate at a restaurant, a friend of mine decided to blurt out "Oh hes shy around you" to her, and she replies and i didnt quite hear it but two of my friends said that she said "Oh, im shy around you too" and when i asked "wait, what?" She said "Im shy around me too" as in refering to her. She never hesitates to accept my invitations to hang out and she also has mentioned that she ditched her friends to hang out with me and my friends. She talks to my friends, but completely ignores everyone else if im talking to her and im told if i ever exit the room, she tends to stare around quite abit and always looks at me when i re-enter the room. My friends have also mentioned infront of her that "shes my future girlfriend" and she doesn't deny it (is that odd?). Do girls usually immediately deny any possible relationship form if its mentioned or is she saving me face?

I've met up with her a few times, on different occasions and the real thing i have noticed is her dress code has changed around me. First time i met her she was in jeans and a top, very normal. and over the times she seems to be more "dolled" up i guess, shes dressing more cute and when i asked her to eat with me and my friends, she said "is it just us or are there more people coming?" I mentioned people would be coming if that was okay, she said "oh they're chill, i dont mind" and i said maybe we can have lunch or dinner, just us sometime? She said thats great, but that still confuses me and i really have no idea what that means cause i suck.

Friends give friends a one armed hug, at least what i notice of any of my female friends. They'll latch one arm over my shoulder and hug me side to side, only my really close lady friends will give me a full blown hug. I've only known her for maybe a week and some days, and she gives me hugs often, and the usual 'goodbye' hug is a very long, big, full blown hug and she shifts her body left and right to continue hugging me. she tells me sweet dreams often and good night alot.

When the mentions of my 'exes' are brought up, she tends to try to not talk during and she quiets up almost immediately, i dont know if this is a natural girl thing to not be involved in 'guy talk' but i just dont know =(.

She tends to reply really slow to my texts, i might add. I mean, i know shes probably busy but sometimes she doesnt reply at all. She seems interested but not, so im curious if she is suspected of liking me. She likes to check my facebook constantly, and on one occasion she said she would take a personalized picture of her with a writing that has my name on it and make that her profile picture for a month if i can be nice to her for a few days, is that a form of flirting?

She tends to be really cute with me, pouts alot and looks sad if i disappoint her, im a smoker and she'll tell me not to, that she doesnt want me to and that i shouldnt because i should just sit here and talk to her.

I dont really know what that means, if its a good or bad thing. So i'd assume its a bad thing. I also said jokingly "oh if you wanted it to be just us, we can do that next time" She gladly accepted. See, because im pretty much an idiot and oblivious and i dont like to assume things. What do you guys think? Does she have interest in me or like me or nah?

Assuming all the things you describe are things she *only* does with you, then yeah, she's probably interested.

Strange =(

Do you like her?

I mean, if you like her...tell her you like her. If she does like you, I doubt she will make the first move (some girls are like that). She may feel worried that she will get rejected, and until someone puts it bluntly, no one will own up to any feelings.
    Want to understand the forum rules about putting links in your signature?

RTFM, fool.

I think if anyone goes out of thir way to spend time with you, they are interested in you whether just as a person, or romantically. Seeing as she is quite touchy-feely with you, texts you etc, I would say she probably is interested in you, but like rain.man said, if it is ONLY you she is like that with. Maybe just see if she wants to meet up sometime, that seems to be the only way you'll get the real answer. It's not like you're going out on a limb or anything, because from her behaviour around you, it seems she is just waiting for you to make the next move.

Yeah i can say i sorda like her but maybe its just infatuation, it seems off and on. Just confused lol

From what you say, then yes, she likes you. Everything you've mentioned is practically a step-by-step process of what most girls her age would do. Doll up, hang out all the time, pay a lot of attention to you, text/call you,be concerned about your health, etc. Though I'm not too sure about the hug thing. I give full-blown hugs to all my friends, family, etc. So.. yeah.
    If you want things to progress, someone's got to make a first move. And I highly doubt it would be her.

Good luck!
    SAULE. reaching for something higher than the sky.