+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I feel like a doormat

I feel like a doormat

I know the answer is simple but Im asking for advice because I can't get any closure.

When I first started dating my bf four months ago, it was perfect. I thought he might be the one. He bought me diamonds, treated me well, took care of my needs and made me feel special.

How ever 3 weeks later and it all changed and now we are 4 months in, he constantly critisizes me, there is no sex, no cuddles or kisses, he is never there for me, always talks about himself, and has NEVER complimented me, puts me down and I dont feel special anymore. He refuses to talk about our relationship and doesnt want to listen to me if I am upset or havy any concerns. He NEVER apologises either.

On the plus side, he constantly rings/texts me, makes sure I'm well fed, he isnt controlling, I know he isnt cheating, hangs out with me alot, talks about us having children. (How bizarre since he hasnt had sex with me for a long time). He holds my hand in public.

We have had many breakups and the last was for 2 weeks before we got back together again. Again there was no cuddling, kissing or sex although he insisted I sit on his lap because he hadnt seen me for a long time. The way he looked at me that day was good too, finally I felt special and wanted by my bf.
    The next day it was all back to normal again. we saw each other, hung out and thats about it.

Now its only been 4 days since we got back together again and he has decided that we should "just be friends". I'm pretty gutted.

I cant deal with this anymore. I just want a normal relationship where my bf will respect and want me and not treat me like dirt.

What does he mean with "lets be friends?"

I wont deny, I am hooked on him which is why I find it hard to let go and I take him back easily.
    I have all these other opportunities and I know some of these men will treat me like royalty but I just cant do it incase I have to compromise my feelings and also it's hardly fair if Im still thinking about my ex.

I just dont understand why he behaves like this, I am VERY good to him. His own friend has said to him that Im "loyal", other friends tell him hes lucky to be with me. What more does he want? Especially since he's looking for a serious relationship.

Why can't men just be open and honest.
    How easy would that make everything.

sounds like he doesnt know what he wants to do, its only been 4 months and there is this much drama, i am only hearing one side of it, but the constant changing of his mind is telling me he is either playing you or simply just an indecisive bitch, either way you are facilitating this by taking him back, easy come easy go, put some value in yourself

Thankyou returnofzero
    You are right, I think he is being indecisive, it's super annoying because he is an adult (late 20's) so how long does it take to make his mind up?!

There is so much pain in this process and now Im at my wits end. I've had enough.