+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How can i save my relationship with my girlfriend.

How can i save my relationship with my girlfriend.

Hi, i've been going out with my girlfriend since the 21-01-2008. Lately I have done something stupid, arragont and well stupid again.
    My girlfriend was on the pill, so her sex drive took a dive down. Me, being me posted on a forum which she had a user, a thread that read as this, "my girlfriend is has come off the pill, its been three weeks now, and she hasn't touched me, whats wrong", I also had done this on her laptop, in the same room, which is even more selfish.
    So she saw it, and had a go at me for not trusting her and looking for advice from complete strangers.
    She says she doesn't want to see me, and things it would be best if we had a clean break up. She also said that i've become bored of her and its all about the sex now.
    She even told her parents bout it, infront of friends as well. Her mum was disgusted, her dad too, but i went to his work to speak to him and he was more understanding, i guess he can see it from the male side, though that isn't an excuse.
    I wrote her a letter yesterday, of all the good times,what i found attractive about her, that i was so sorry, and to give me another chance. I went to her work and dropped it off, though awkward, I gave it to her face to face, I told her that she didn't have to read it, she could just throw it away.
    I think she read it, it looked like she was opening it as i walked away. Later she text me what I did was awful and that she was disappointed in me for coming to her work place (I also foned her mobile and work fone to see if she would answer so i could know what she thought of the letter, but she didn't answer, god i sound so needy).
    She said she was disappointed in me as she said she needed time, to think i don't know, but its hearrt breaking for me.
    So I haven't text her since last night, and I've been of work for two days now, due to depression, I went into work, but they sent me home, saying I looked really stressed, following a break down at work. Well I thought it be ok at work, it would take my mind off things, but it got worse with people asking about her, because she knew alot of my friends.
    Any advice would be amazing, how can i convince her that after all that, that this relationship is worth saving, I never hit her abused her, though i did get moody if we didn't have sex, but that is because i thought she was going off me, but it was a side effect of the pill she was taking that i didn't know at the time.

so your mrs got pissed off that you went and asked people on the internet about the relationship and you do it again, i have no idea how your girlfriend will change her mind, in my opinion its not a big deal, you had a query and wanted an answer, see, everyone's different, she said she needed space, safest bet is that she needs space

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think there is much you can do but give her space, but just for the record, it can take a YEAR for a female's hormones to right themselves after taking the pill.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Thankyou for your honest answers, time hopefully is a healer, I didn't know that about the pill, at all. But I'd put sex right at the bottom of the list, or not on there at all to have her back.
    Last edited by nugget; 23-08-10 at 01:37 AM.

This may sound stupid, but at least you didn't go out and cheat on her. Her sex drive took a nose dive and you were just curious about what the deal was. You thought going on the internet and trying to find some answers was your best bet. I don't think that's bad. You can ask advice on this forum and it's as anonymous as you want it to be. You don't have to give any personal info if you don't want to. This situation could have been a lot worse. You could have said "F*ck this crap, I'm gonna find a girl that will give it to me more often." Maybe you can tell your girlfriend that and she'll be more understanding. You are a man and some men don't understand female hormones and how sometimes they affect the libido. I hope that helps!

well you're wrong in posting your previous thread the way you did. you should keep it anonymous from her. And tell her, that you were geniunely confused and that you thought the opinion of many people will help you understand. tell her that mos of the people on the forum thought you were an ass for what you did. tell her the stuff you say here, that you just want to be with her and that you will do anything. prove to her that you've changed and its not about sex anymore.
    Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.

And it never crossed your mind to talk to HER about it?

You weren't wrong for asking a forum, she overreacted (possibly a side effect of the pill as well), but if you had some good communication with her as to what was happening, then she might have been a bit more understanding.

Since she told her parents and her friends to turn them against you, I'm not sure your relationship will ever be the same again, sorry!
    I'm not good at beating around the bush or sugar-coating things. My responses are never personal vendetta's on your emotional state. It is what it is, whether you choose to accept it or not. <3