+ Follow This Topic

Thread: From best mates to nothing in 2 days

From best mates to nothing in 2 days

My ex and I are still friends after a break-up about a year ago. We were really good friends, we'd talk everyday until recently. He's just suddenly stopped talking to me and whenever I try to make contact he fobs me off.

I think I must have done something... but I don't know. Normally, if I did, he'd just be pissed at me for a while. But now it seems like he doesn't care anymore... like he could just take me or leave me. He says he's fine with me and there's nothing wrong but I can sense that there is.

We've had arguments before (suprisingly never once when we were together) and although it was annoying, we'd be ok a few weeks later. Now that it seems that he's gone to not caring, I feel like I've lost him now. I don't wanna be with him, we've hooked up a few times post-break up and it never worked out. I just want him back as my mate.

What can I do? Just leave it?

Sounds like he is dating someone new. Most guys won't admit it and they try to just avoid confrontation. I had an ex that would talk to me and we would be friends but once he met another girl, he would fall of the planet.

It's good that you can be cordial to your ex, but best friends is next to impossible because where there was once love, there can be some hurt feelings. Sorry you have to go through that! It was painful for me at first but now I actually joke with my ex about it, even though he STILL does it!!!
    I'm not good at beating around the bush or sugar-coating things. My responses are never personal vendetta's on your emotional state. It is what it is, whether you choose to accept it or not. <3

I highly doubt that he is, he's about to go back to uni and wants to stay single all through freshers week. Even when he's been with someone before we still spoke... obviously not as much as normal but he was never this cold.

I think the best thing to do though, is to take your reply as the truth and assume that he is dating someone. I'd rather that (as I said, I don't want to be with him) than think I've done something and he's now just written me off!

Maybe he wants to move on from the past, he will never able to find a new gf if you aways in his life......

Him doing nothing implies one of two things:
    1) He wants you to think he doesn't like you
    2) He, for whatever reason doesn't want to talk atm.

Because it's been a year, and you haven't noticably done anything wrong, I really think he still likes you (at least as a friend). Don't worry too much about it, don't force anything. He'll probably be friendly, two days is not a long time...

My best guess for this is maybe he wants you to move on, or perhaps he hasn't been able to talk to you, or perhaps he doesn't want to act as if he still likes you.

It's complex (as always), but in short: he still likes you, don't worry, he'll probably come back, don't force anything.

Ya, he might be moving on. His thinking that u dont want to be with him and its just his way of dealing with it as in all or nothing at all. So, his cutting d ties. Imo

Quote Originally Posted by Reminisence View Post
    Him doing nothing implies one of two things:
    1) He wants you to think he doesn't like you
    2) He, for whatever reason doesn't want to talk atm.
    It's complex (as always), but in short: he still likes you, don't worry, he'll probably come back, don't force anything.
    Very good insight right here. Don't be too hard on yourself. I just want to add, talking everyday with your ex for a year is serious business. I'm sure you know this already having seen him go through relationships. Painful misunderstandings are bound to happen.
    Make sure you are protecting your own feelings, it sounds like he has been protecting his a bit more perhaps?