+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I want my ex boyfriend back...

I want my ex boyfriend back...

I already posted this in the guy opinion section but is not getting anything yet. I need some advice so please help me out.

So Ive been with this guy for about 5 years. 3 years in high school and 2 years out of high school. Thats when we started to live together. It was hard to deal for the past 2 years because a lot has happened and we had intimacy issues. But still really loved each other and spent time together and everything. But we argued a lot because there was no intimacy and because of a lot of stress with his and my work and me having surgery. We were engaged for about a year and a half too before the break up.

About 2 months ago I recently got fed up with everything and ended it between us, even though I still love him. About a month later I tried to talk to him about getting back together because I missed him a lot. He said he misses me too but said he doesnt think hes in love with me anymore and that the break up was a good thing. Hes NOT seeing anyone either. He said we should try to be friends and see where that takes us.

I got advice from my friends and his mom lol who loves me, and they all said to get him back give him his space and dont text message him or see him much for a while. Which is hard since he has "our" dog at his house still because I dont have a place of my own yet. So I started to see him about once a week and I never text him unless I have serious car issues. He has texted me out of the blue a few times before and asks whats up and ive replied with simple texts or just sometimes ignore him. Anytime I see or talk to him im a positive person. When I see him he looks at me and smiles and is nice back. I dont know if he misses me or anything though because I dont ask. I dont want to be needy or clingy to him.

His mom said she recently talked to him and asked about us and he said he doesnt know about us and that he felt very incompatible with me and that he wants to try being friends for a while. She said that we have a strong connection and that we can never really be just friends. He said that he thinks I wouldnt be able to be just friends with him either, its too hard for me. Then he said "I donno I guess we'll see how everything goes between us". So that just kind of seems like he is confused on what to do. But he still has not said anything to me.

Am I on the right track of getting him back? What do you think hes feeling? Give me advice on what to do please!

By what you have written, he looks like pretty much used by you. Relationships are for being happy together, caring, sharing, being supportive. But in your case you just contact him when you need him and if he contacts you, as you said, you give to the point answers or simply ignore. I think you are pushing him away farther.

Pushing him away how? My friends keep telling me to not talk to him much and give him space so that he can wonder what im doing and start to actually miss me. Cuz if Im always there seeing him or talking to him he wont get a chance to miss me much.