+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He kept the ring?

He kept the ring?

So Ive posted about my ex boyfriend and I here before so im not going to give the whole story again lol. Check out my posts if you really wanna know.

But anyways! Its been almost 2 months into the break up of a 5 year relationship with me and my now ex and its been hard. I gave back my engagement ring to him because I had no use for it. It upsets me to even have it around because I still love and want him.

Anyways his mom told me that over the weekend he asked her what the proper thing to do with a returned ring and she told him that if he thinks there is still a good chance of us getting back together soon then to hang onto it. Then he said "im only 20" and then said how he doesnt think he should be in a serious relationship and how hes not looking for anyone. Well our plan was to not get married until we were like 30 anyways because young people are stupid when it comes to commitment...living proof right here! lol. PLus hes in our first break up years ago that only lasted for 4 months, he said the same thing...that he doesnt think he should be in a serious relationship. BUT we got back together lol.

Anyways the point is he actually kept the ring! He stuffed it into a box with other stuff and stored it out in his garage. I know this because I asked him where he put something that i needed and I found the ring in the box.

Now what does this mean??????? Does it mean hes not ready to let me go? He actually thinks theres a chance of us again? Or what! lol Hes confusing me!

Maybe he forgot about it and is clueless about current gold prices.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

LOL! No hes not clueless about gold prices. Im pretty sure he knew what he was doing.

Probably means that he will save money next time around - his new future gf will likely get it and when the time is right for him to committ.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's just going to recycle it for the next girl.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

You guys planned on being engaged for 10 years? No wonder he freaked. A long engagement does not make a relationship more stable. The ring is easily exchanged, as you can see. The only significance it really has is that which you place upon it. He's not ready to get married. Sounds like you'd marry him at the drop of a hat. You're on two different pages right now, and that simply doesn't work when you're in a relationship.