+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Birthday gift for my boyfriend???

Birthday gift for my boyfriend???

By his birthday we will have been dating for 7 months, we started living together at 4 months ( I know thats super soon ) but we're beyond happy and I love him.

I'm just struggling with what is approiate to give him as a birthday present! I'm a student so I'm working on a limited budget but willing to stretch it if needed ( if approiate! ) Which is where you guys come in.

What should I get him?! His birthday is two weeks before mine so it will be the first birthday we celebrate together. I'm looking at this watch but I find it pricey (apparently I can't post links so its the Bulova Mens Black Self Winding Marine Star Watch 98A108, I found it on ebay and I know he likes it because its on his watch list

What do you think and if not this what makes a good gift ! Thanks !!

something HAS to be handmade. you can chose to make dinner then buy something/ visa versa. remember while you may love each other and of course you want to buy him anything you both know you can't. make him his favourite meal and get him a trinket present. your relationship's still young so don't go too overboard.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkitkitty View Post
    something HAS to be handmade. you can chose to make dinner then buy something/ visa versa. remember while you may love each other and of course you want to buy him anything you both know you can't. make him his favourite meal and get him a trinket present. your relationship's still young so don't go too overboard.
    This.

And remember: Going overboard with the first present will only raise expectations for future birthday presents. I don't like that. Go with a "personal" gift, or something you both enjoy doing, like going somewhere over the weekend and just having a great time together. I always enjoyed these presents much more than something my (ex) girlfriends payed for. Because that's what anyone can do as long as money is no issue.
    Love Is A Mother****er

Your living together so, Im sure he knows the budget is limited. I suggest something that creates a nice memory...a night out, nice dinner or fun experience. If the money allows add a gift card to his favorite store. Remember its the thought that counts.

For men, there is a very long list of good gifts that can be given in the bedroom .

i still don't think you need to have a night out to have a good time. make an indoor picnic, turn the lights out and decorate with fairy lights. sorted.

yeah thats what i'm worried about, then christmas is coming up so i build everything up for thattt. but he doesnt like anything other than toast strudles and silly food like that so dinner is out lol

Make him a wonderful meal with some great music to create atmosphere. Take him to bed afterwards and make sure you wear sexy underwear. He won't forget that in a hurry. I know. I can cook and a really good meal works well with the opposite sex.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkitkitty View Post
    i still don't think you need to have a night out to have a good time. make an indoor picnic, turn the lights out and decorate with fairy lights. sorted.
    I do agree...Being male, I can tell you, it doesnt take much to be memorable

Quote Originally Posted by WaiKru View Post
    For men, there is a very long list of good gifts that can be given in the bedroom .
    invest in a video camera if you want.