+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Co-worker harrassment

Co-worker harrassment

I just started a new job. The woman I work with constantly tells stories about the girl who previously held my position... bad stories about how dumb she was.. all the things she did wrong... particularly how she flirted a lot with higher-ups and talked about "inappropriate" things with them including harleys which she had in common with one of them. One day she was talking about her again and said "she had a body that wouldn't quit... not to take away from you."

Would you be offended by that remark?

I feel sexually harrassed because she commented on my physicque which has nothing to do with how I perform at my job.

I personally wouldn't be offended but if you truly are then don't hesitate to approach your management about the issue. If you don't feel comfortable in your job then something needs to change. There's no need to settle for a situation that doesn't allow you to do your job effectively and enjoy doing it.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Yeah if this comment bothered you then it does matter and it is an issue you know and how unprofesional is that to be talking so much shit about the person who was there before you, not very profesional in my book at all. Just like Zekk said if your not comfortable say something.

I guess I should have asked if it would have offended you in general.. not just in terms of sexual harrassment. I feel like she was basically letting me know she doesn't think much of my figure... and the way she said it was as if she meant to hurt me or make me feel bad about myself.. at least that's the vibe I got.

Tell her to shut up. Obviously not straight out like that, but next time she starts talking to you about this shit just say, "Stop for a second. Do me a favor, and don't talk about this stuff with me. It's not really interesting to me."

Sorry, but you're gonna have to be a bit of a bitch on this one. Don't worry so much about being liked by EVERYONE. It's not gonna happen. This is one person you just want to leave you alone, so tell her to do so.

Rod Steele