+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not 100% sure what to think with this girl. Advice?

Not 100% sure what to think with this girl. Advice?

So before going to college, I dated a girl for 2 years, she really hurt me so I was uninterested in any girl affiliations for a while. Well the other day the fire alarms in my apartment went off so we all went outside and while out there i noticed a girl that i thought was cute, caught her looking at me a couple times, so i did what i've never really done before and made my way over and talked to her. She was nice and smiley and such and i didn't seem to be a bother. When it came time to go back in she gave me her room number and phone number and said to stop by if i got bored (i'm new to the area, so i don't know anyone so i'm always bored) well not trying to seem desperate, i stopped by a couple days later and she was gone, so i left a simple note (middle schoolish, i know..) just saying i stopped by, she texted me later and said we should hang out the next day, so i was excited. well when i texted her after work she said she had to bail on me that night, but she'd talk to me soon. well, she didn't, so i was thinking, eh, whatever, rejected. WELL, i was doing laundry the other day and who do i run into? her. she seems really happy to see me and we talk for a while, say our farewells, and go back to our rooms. i text her saying it was nice seeing her and she says same. then that was it, well the other morning we run into each other again (strange cuz i've literally seen like 2 ppl in my massive apartment), she goes out of her way to walk with me to campus. she again seems glad to see me, but i never hear from her outside of running into her.

So what i'm wondering is this,in another girls opinion, does it seem like she is she being nice but not really interested, or am i just being lame and not making the appropriate moves to spend time with her? thing is, she's from around here and has friends and does stuff, i'm not and don't know anyone, so i feel like by asking her out i'd be setting myself up for failure, but by not i'm automatically failing. when i talk to her i say something along the lines of "well i'm never really up to much so if you ever find yourself with no one to hang out with, feel free to talk to me" plus we haven't talked enough for a call to feel normal, but a text feels childish. i dunno, i guess i'd just like a little advice on what my next move should be. I went a little long on this so thank you for reading if you read it.

btw i'm not a complete novice in dating girls, but this is the first girl i've met like.. out of nowhere and not in some sort of social setting so idk what is too much or not enough

Although awkward I think you should call her and ask her out. If it is to awkward to talk on the phone just make it short and sweet. That is my ten cents anyway.