+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Scared...

Scared...

We started talking in June. He lived about three hours away. He came down here for his last semester of school. We started dating the day he was back, so August 8th. He is 22 and I am 18. I love him.

He hasn't told me he loves me yet, so I've held off saying it. He hasn't been in a relationship for 2 years because he was really hurt in his last one. I think this is why he hasn't told me he loves me.

I just feel like... I want to say it to him every single day, but I'm not supposed to. Like I'll scare him off. And in December he goes back to his home town, and I'll still be here. I want to talk with him about December, but am scared to.

I know I would rather be hurt a little now, than a lot more in December.

How should I go about this? I feel like my head is exploding. I love him so much and I am terrified that he doesn't love me...

Quote Originally Posted by jessmist View Post
    We started talking in June. He lived about three hours away. He came down here for his last semester of school. We started dating the day he was back, so August 8th. He is 22 and I am 18. I love him.

He hasn't told me he loves me yet, so I've held off saying it. He hasn't been in a relationship for 2 years because he was really hurt in his last one. I think this is why he hasn't told me he loves me.

I just feel like... I want to say it to him every single day, but I'm not supposed to. Like I'll scare him off. And in December he goes back to his home town, and I'll still be here. I want to talk with him about December, but am scared to.

I know I would rather be hurt a little now, than a lot more in December.

How should I go about this? I feel like my head is exploding. I love him so much and I am terrified that he doesn't love me...
    Honesty is always the best policy. Tell him how you feel, but a word of advice from a guy, do it in a way that doesn't seem clingy or desperate. The way you've gone about it, not saying to him that you love him, is the way I approach relationships. I don't use the L word easily or quickly. It might be a better thing to say that you're starting to fall for him, and emphasise that you really like him and enjoy the time you spend together.