+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Where is the tipping point?

Where is the tipping point?

My neighbor stopped me the other day and told me how lucky I was to have such great children, a beautiful home, a caring mother for my children, a good job and my health. From an outsiders point of view he is right; everything is perfect. However, what he doesn't know is that my wife and I have no common interests, no companionship, no friendship, intimacey is hollow and I am lonely and depressed. We don't fight. There is no infidelity, drugs, alcoholism, ect. This is my dilema. At what point does the emptyness between my wife and I reach the point of seperation? She refuses counseling and is content the way things are. She makes no effort to improve our relationship. Do I expect too much out of my spouse?

Thanks for your thoughts.

how come you waited until you were married with children to discover you two had no common interests, no companionship, and aren't sexually compatible? These are things you should have talked about with her before

Believe me, I completely understand that now. To some extent we've gone off in seperate directions in life. Be that as it may, it doesn't help with the issue here and now. When there is no abuse, infidelity, or violence; when many other aspects of life are great, but I am nevertheless miserable and lonely in my marriage; when is enough loniless enough?

there are too many variables unbeknownst to us to answer that for you. Only you can decide whether you would be happier staying or divorcing your wife

edit: apparently I unlocked some sort of achievement because I can now view signatures and PM members

why dont you try taking her out and get the spark back....? might be a good idea....