+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Rebound or not?

Rebound or not?

My ex of 6 years is seeing this new girl. He is with her everyday for the past month. I have not spoken to him in a month. People have said to give him space and time, but dont you think if he missed me he would have called by now and stopped hanging out with this new girl by now??? Its not like hes going to wake up one day and decide he misses me after being with someone else everyday.....RIGHT?
    Please give your opinions.

and im prettier that her!!

If he could fall into a serious relationship so quickly after you, do you really want him back?
    Start thinking more about a life without him, and get your head back in sync. You'll be happier and therefor more attractive and maybe he will come back, and maybe he won't. But sitting around thinking about it helps no one.
    On a personal note, having been in a ten year on and off relationship, you more than likely don't want him to come back. If he cared like you do, he wouldn't be doing this. He could just be "filling a void" (thats what lures me back) but beware, a good guy probably wouldn't move on so quickly.

I don't even know you, but I can say with confidence that you deserve someone crazy about you! And this tool bag obviously isn't.

your right. i deserve someone better than that. But wouldnt it be nice for him to come back so i can tell him to go f himself.
    and u have been in a ten yr relationship on and off? you go back to fill a void? what do you mean by that?

help me , getting depressed again. one minute i hate him and the next well i just cant stand that he is happy with someone. how do i get outta this rut? i need advice. lifes not fair.

life is not fair you got that right.

She is probably a rebound, but that doesn't help YOU. That helps HIM. He no longer has to deal with the emotions left over from your relationship because he is masking it with the new girl.

You need to help yourself now. get out there, date somebody. who knows, it might even make him jealous a little. either way, you gotta forget about him. its hard, but remember time heals all wounds

thank you! how long do rebounds last? I want that relationship to fall apart so bad; or for him to get to the point where he doesnt need the rebound or something....im not even sure bc a rebound wouldnt help me.
    but also im not even sure its a rebound, I think he may like her. Or do guys typically think they like their rebound girl at first and then come to the conclusion that they just enjoy the girl because it helps them distract from the heartbreak?

well a rebound usually is just to patch up some wounds left over from a previous relationship. He probably does like her, but prob not in the exact same way. It could last a month, or 8. It just depends on the 2 people. You cant really predict these things you know? there is no formula to calculate how long a relationship will last... figure that out and you will be a millionaire.

i guess i just dont know how to deal with the fact that he is happy now with someone else and im not. its been like 2 months and i do what everyone says go out, hang out with friends family etc. do you have anymore advice for me? i was with him for 6 years so its a whole new thing for me.

Get out there dating asap. Try to get yourself some good sex. Worked a treat for me.

nah that doesnt help!