+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Never trust people online. Should I take revenge?

Never trust people online. Should I take revenge?

I've had an online bf for a few months..on and off. He showed me a pic saying it was him but i didnt believe it. I didnt do anything because i like to let people enjoy the benefit of the doubt. Then he said he had stomach cancer...he cried on the phone and made it sound sooo real. Then he said he was raped after i asked him to go on cam. He said he was raped and taped so he doesnt feel comfy around cams. Once confronted with everything...he denied..he kept lying. I found his real pic and name on face book. He denied still so i told him im gonna contact his friends and family on facebook and tell them he's bi. He then told me everything was a lie. I really want to take revenge but im not that mean. But still...he toyed with me and maybe he's done it with other girls as well.

what the hell?

He is NOT your "oneline bf"

Don't compliment him by enacting revenge. . . just cut all contacts and get him out of your life

Online boyfriend...

ya, online bf/gf is gttn popular. Nway, just delete d guy and let it be. Im sorry that he lied to you but revenged is not gnna solve nything ya? nway, best of luck

does it really count as a bf if its online?
    I've been having these weird thoughts lately...Like....is any of this real or not?

Don't waste your time. This guy is beyond ridiculous. I would have given up after he told me he had stomach cancer. I definitely would have stopped talking to him after he said he was raped.

You must be like 13 years old if you are even considering revenge. That's so childish.

Online BF? Get real. That's about as genuine as phone sex whatever that is. Ridiculous.
    Of course people lie online - do you see any profile where people say they drink a lot and like taking drugs? Of course not.

Revenge will find you back, not a good idea.

I am not really sure I understand what you are so mad about. You chose to trust a total stranger- then acted surprised when you found out it was all a lie. Besides, telling his friends and family he is bi might not exactly work as revenge- how do you even know he is bi or that he told the truth about that? this whole situation is wack-o.. just stop talking to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Online BF? Get real. That's about as genuine as phone sex whatever that is. Ridiculous.
    Of course people lie online - do you see any profile where people say they drink a lot and like taking drugs? Of course not.
    That says it all.
    There's no such thing as an "online boyfriend", if you believe that's possible you deserved it. Period.
    "E ao imenso e possível oceano
    Ensinam estas Quinas, que aqui vês,
    Que o mar com fim será grego ou romano:
    O mar sem fim é português."

Too many red flags...revenge is only counterproductive. Just move on

I don't think getting revenge would be satisfying. It sounds like he hurt you , but you seem ok about it? At least I hope you are! Go vent by seeing the movie Catfish! There is a similar scenario. But move on. It's sad that he is so uncomfortable with himself, I think that may be punishment enough for him.

No revenge, just delete him from your life.

People lie ALOT online, you can be anybody you want to be & fool a bunch of people.

It takes a strong person with some character to actually be HONEST online about themselves. This guy obviously wasn't it, so it's easy to delete emails, IM's, phone numbers etc.. Hell even change your phone number to ensure he can't call you for any reason.