View Poll Results: Love or Infatuation???

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love

0 0%
  • Infatuation

0 0%
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: a happy story for once, but still want some wisdom haha

a happy story for once, but still want some wisdom haha

Hi Forum

I've been with my bf for just about 2 months officially.
    Originally he was a one night stand, which continued to be every night since then, cos he lived 20sec down the road from me.
    so we slept together for a month without being more than that,
    but we also hung out as friends, went out for food, to concerts. he was a bit cheeky (lets girls flirt with/throw themselves at/kiss him in my presence) to begin with as we weren't officially dating so i don't really trust him very much.
    but after a month of just fooling around and being friends i pushed the envelope saying that we were obviously more than friends, and we started "dating".
    so at 1 1/2 month of (blissful, happy, exciting, lovely) official dating he had to move back home cos of financial issues, and he lives about an hour away.
    he comes into the city where i live every Wednesday and Friday for uni, and usually stays over at my house on Wednesday and spends the day with me on Thursday as its my day off uni. so we do still spend a bit of time together.. the weekends are hard for me, i get upset but.. i dont know.

I went and stayed with him at his families home last week and felt that he really loved me.He has a brother who is just 16 so his parents (out of respect for the 16yearold) decided we were not to sleep in the same bed. instead of giving me the fold out couch, he gave me his room, he made me dinner, entertained me, introduced me to his family, he paid my bus fare to get there, he tucked me in at night, he came and cuddled me in the morning.. he was lovely.

here's the thing i need wisdom on.

I'm only 18, and hes 20. I have been in only 2 other relationships where love was ever felt, but i dont know if its truely love, cos teenagers are fickle and all that jazz.

examples of things he does that makes me think he loves me.
    - always has his arm around me when we are walking.. always.
    - always has to hold my hand
    - when he kisses me he hold face, and strokes my hair and looks deep into my eyes (HOW CAN THAT NOT BE LOVE??)
    - her prefers to just hold me sometimes although he is a very sexual person.
    - when we make love he does the hold face stroke hair thing too
    - he calls sex love making.. he used to call it ****ing.

I have felt the urge to say that i love him frequently over the last 24 hours, but because i have that underlying distrust i don't want to, just in case he doesn't feel the same way and pushes me away.
    He can be a real arsehole about relationships, and judges other peoples relationships openly, and from what he says about others i dont think that i would get a positive response from him if i said i loved him.

i came up with something though, that could work - cos we are quite open with each other -
    i would say it after he did the stroke hair hold face thing
    foo here goes haha
    "woah.. i just felt something intense just then.. like i love you or something (laugh).. but i dont think i can say that.. i dont know what love is.. past examples of love have failed miserably (laugh again)"

yay or nay?
    help me out?
    am i in love or just infatuated???

Sounds pretty much the real deal to me.

should i say it though??

"I've been with my bf for just about 2 months officially."

Only 2 months . . . not going to say love just yet, but definately a good start