+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Asking a girl out when she's been dating someone but not yet in a relationship

Asking a girl out when she's been dating someone but not yet in a relationship

ok so i basicly have this girl for 2 of my college courses and we are both Art major's. She sits right next to me in my first class and we talk and joke and have a really good chemistry. Whenever she come's in the morning to class she always sits next to me. She is dating someone right now but not yet in a relationship. She has talked about the guy she is dating in front of me..i don't know how to interpret that though....either she wants to let me know that becuase we are in the friend zone...which i don't feel we are or she siad it to kinda say she's not in a relationship...anyway

Also one time in class we were talking and one of my classmates wanted me too look at his art project so i left her table for a bit and when i was talking to my classmate i looked back at her table and she was turning her head to look for me.

I have not flirted with her yet but i know she knows that i like her..so my question is is it ok to ask her out without the flirt proscess. We've been talking since these last 2 months so i feel like asking her tomarro and just make my way to asking her.

I figure the best way is to talk about her and her hobbies and then ask if i she would like to hang out this weekend or some other weekend.

What are the best steps to take from here on considering weve talked for 2 months?

Well, the best step is to simply say "Hey - would you like to get together and go to the *** concert at the campus music hall this weekend."

You're likely in the friend zone, so don't be surprised (or disappointed) if she declines.

-PP

how am i in the friend zone? i once dated someone whom i talked to for about the same amount of time period as this girl...but anyway yeah i guess i gatta give it a shot..i'll never know if i don't....damn ..i hate rejection lol.

ok so the day i was ganna ask her out she mentioned that she was official with him being her bf.

The thing that confuses me is during class me made eye contact and we stared at each other for a while untill i broke eye contact. Then she said somethiing like "i bet u get alot of attention from girls" ...and then she asked me like 3 times what i was ganna for next semester cuz she wants to take a class with me and i keep telling her that most likley i wont be having her next semester cuz im going to have a diff schedule.

she is really confusing me...do u all think she likes me? i really need input here.

As you describe it, yes she does like you, and yes she is flirting with you. Guys in relationships do it all the time, though women are often more reluctant to. Nothing too confusing if you look at it that way. All you can do at the moment is enjoy the attention and reciprocate by being friendly.

Possibly the two of you can have a romantic future, but no guarantee. Probably, you can be good friends so long as you can come to accept she's seeing someone.

-PP

For future reference, a possible response to "John and I are officially going together now." when said just before asking her out is "Aww - I finally worked up the courage to ask you out today! I've got the worst luck. Well, at least he's got good taste."

"She is dating someone right now but not yet in a relationship" --> "she was official with him being her bf"

Oh well, move on
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions