+ Follow This Topic

Thread: any insight or advice would be helpful

any insight or advice would be helpful

so here's the story..the short version

theres this girl, she said she liked me, i said i liked her. after a week or so of talking and getting close, after one night it feels like she completely gives me the cold shoulder. i see her and she smiles and says hi, but the texting stopped, i saw her post saying that now isnt the time. is she over me? or is there still hope? what should i do? should i talk to her to see whats up or should i give her space and try later?
    i REALLY like this girl. so please any help would be fantastic. im not planning on giving up on her, im going to talk to her regardless, i just need to know when i should
    muchos gracios

Is she hot or is she cold? Who knows?

Could be she's having a bad week and just needs alone time to decompress. Could also be a brush off.

A "thinking of you - if you want to talk let me know" message would be okay, but keep it short and simple. Then give her some time off from your messages/notes/calls. Maybe, after a week or two, a "how's it going" message if you haven't heard from her. If she doesn't respond, let her go - she's either over you or an unreliable friend.

If you naturally see her often (ie classmate, coworker, clerk at store you frequent), be polite and kind. But not chummy till she gives signals that she wants your attention again.

-PP

^^Pretty much this.

But you were only talking and getting close for a week and she already told you that now isn't a good time so don't expect much from her.

Actually, now that I think about it more, "now isn't a good time" pretty much means that she "broke up" with you so you should at least wait a few days or closer to a week or more to see what's up. Also,

after one night it feels like she completely gives me the cold shoulder.
    What happened that night?

"i said i liked her. after a week or so of talking and getting close, after one night . . . "

Well it's only been a week . . . who knows? . . . balance of giving her space and letting her know you still like her
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions